How to: NBS master cylinder swap for firm brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
No, unfortunately I did not even tho I bought the special tools 1-2 years ago. The accumulator was no good on it for one problem it had (others would be done by the kit) and I could not find a replacement online so I swapped it with a remaned A1cardone part. should be in today for sure. If your accumulator is non reusable or the spool valve is scored just trade it in and let the parts re-builder spend the resources to fix and resell. Unless you can find the hard parts.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I would like to note that my current vacuum booster is not a core because of the switching of the boosters so I will likely do a tear down with pics to determine exactly how it failed before tossing it.

nomad

Reaction score
No, unfortunately I did not even tho I bought the special tools 1-2 years ago. ..

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Your teardown and pictures should prove to be very interesting, by the way where did you find the tools to service the hydroboost and were they very expensive?
Dan

nomad

Reaction score
Change of plans!

This last weekend an autodealer saw my Tahoe and just had to have it. Well, anything is for sale at the right price. Needless to say he offered the right price and now its gone.

So, now I have a complete and matched JD6 hydroboost system I will be selling, it consists of:

Hydroboost unit
Master Cylinder
All hoses
Power steering/hydroboost cooler
ABS controller - complete
Brake pedal

Everything is clean and ready to go, I will sell it for what I have in it which is
$195.00 plus whatever the actual shipping costs are.

I thought I would place it here because many are interested in doing this conversion. I will place an add the the forsale section later this week if no one is intersted, Pictures available.
Thanks,
Dan

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This last weekend an autodealer saw my Tahoe and just had to have it. Well, anything is for sale at the right price. Needless to say he offered the right price and now its gone.

So, now I have a complete and matched JD6 hydroboost system I will be selling, it consists of:

Hydroboost unit
Master Cylinder
All hoses
Power steering/hydroboost cooler
ABS controller - complete
Brake pedal

Everything is clean and ready to go, I will sell it for what I have in it which is
$195.00 plus whatever the actual shipping costs are.

I thought I would place it here because many are interested in doing this conversion. I will place an add the the forsale section later this week if no one is intersted, Pictures available.
Thanks,
Dan

Pics?? Where in the Midwest are you at??

nomad

Reaction score
I am located just north of albuquerque NM, if you check on an earlier post by me you will se a picture of what I am selling,

Everything you need to do the conversion, brackets, cooler, lines, correct abs and matching master, everything is in great condition, what you see is what you get!
Use you existing powersteering pump using a tee or add a return line to your case.

I will post some additional pictures later today, you can also pm me and send me your email and I will send some directly to you.
Thanks
Dan

Adding pictures:
photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo 6.jpg

photo 7.jpg

Last edited:

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dose this work on a 1998? I have ABS system all ready on mine, would I need to change it out to the one you have??

nomad

Reaction score
Dose this work on a 1998? I have ABS system all ready on mine, would I need to change it out to the one you have??

Should work on any 95 thru 00 (obs)Tahoe, Yukon, burb and trucks. I got the ABS unit because I wanted all matching parts. If you didnt choose to use it I would at least change the prop/combi valve from this one to your unit.

This way your brakes will be properly balanced and your abs will work perfectly with the new system.

If you have any additional questions PM me.
Thanks
Dan

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should work on any 95 thru 00 (obs)Tahoe, Yukon, burb and trucks. I got the ABS unit because I wanted all matching parts. If you didnt choose to use it I would at least change the prop/combi valve from this one to your unit.

This way your brakes will be properly balanced and your abs will work perfectly with the new system.

If you have any additional questions PM me.
Thanks
Dan

PM sent :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667