How to install HIDs **VIDEO**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can, theres just debate whether the stock housings (Non Denali/Non Projector Lens) has a good enough reflection pattern to not blind other drivers since the HIDs are so bright. Some say the stock housing spreads the light in an uncontrolled manner..and some say that the housings were designed with a reflection pattern well enough to not blind other drivers. Everything else is physically the same...connections...etc...

T3rry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only people that think HID's in a stock housing are a good idea, are the people sitting behind them.

the only time it's OK to put a HID in a stock housing, is if that's what came out of it.

Yukon

Reaction score
so it just has to do with blinding other people... i was thinking it had something to do with catching fire or melting or something harmfull like that..... i'll keep that in mind though.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah...your good Yukon...If I think someones headlights are too bright or their hi-beams are on...I flash them...not to be a dick...but to let them know its too bright....Throw'em in there...if people dont flash you, its obviously not that bad to the other drivers...I see people around here all the time with HIDs..and they dont have projector bulbs...not an issue when they are driving towards me...

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I see tons of lights that are too bright, but I just dont flash because I know it wont do anything. So if people dont flash you it does not mean they are ok. IMO just spend the 200 bucks and get denali projectors.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is doing something...its letting people know their lights are too bright/too high

its simple...if I ever got flashed..it would mean "HEY...my lights are obviously too bright...or not adjusted correctly...I better fix that"

Its not too hard to understand if you get flashed a couple of times...it helps the driver to know he needs to do something different...and yea, it does work.

Just like when my Dad had lifted his jeep...he had some bright Halogens...after getting flashed a couple of times, he realised he had to either change the bulbs...or adjust the headlight

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
It is doing something...its letting people know their lights are too bright/too high

its simple...if I ever got flashed..it would mean "HEY...my lights are obviously too bright...or not adjusted correctly...I better fix that"

Its not too hard to understand if you get flashed a couple of times...it helps the driver to know he needs to do something different...and yea, it does work.

Just like when my Dad had lifted his jeep...he had some bright Halogens...after getting flashed a couple of times, he realised he had to either change the bulbs...or adjust the headlight

your perceiving the general public to be to smart here. Most either dont know how, or dont give a ****.