How to install HIDs **VIDEO**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
..theres a big difference between your trucks headlights...and mine...that happens with yours...not mine

The standard NBS Yukon/Tahoe doesnt come with Projectors which have a cut-off...I've never once been flashed since I put my HIDs in...My truck isnt blinding from the front....you should just upgrade your headlights to Denali headlights :)

Last edited:

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sometimes I just want to choke people......

That video shows installation of HID's into REFLECTOR housings. Yes, the installation should be the same, but let's be clear on the message: putting HID's into reflector housings is a BAD idea.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
very very true! I dont disagree at all...but they are going to do it either way...so instead of writing it out each time...just give them the video..

plus, lots of us on here are upgrading from stock Yukon housings to Denali housings for the projectors...this will help them to install HIDs into those as well :)

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
sometimes I just want to choke people......

That video shows installation of HID's into REFLECTOR housings. Yes, the installation should be the same, but let's be clear on the message: putting HID's into reflector housings is a BAD idea.

Reflectors have come along way I showed you the pics of my HIDS in the stock reflector tahoe, you mentioned they looked like projectors. :Handshake:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Kind of an incomplete video since the wiring and ballasts are already installed. Anyone can just pop a bulb in. But, if someone has never done that, then it is helpful.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wiring and ballasts were installed?

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Thats how the kit comes...plug and play...thats how I installed mine (it doesnt come with relays...power cables..ground)

everything you saw him do is EXACTLY how I hooked mine up...*only...he mounted his already*

but theres only those 4 cables you have to hook up...nothing else

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Well, ok, so maybe there wasn't a wiring harness involved, but the ballasts were already in place. Some of the kits I've seen have basically no instructions, so not knowing what to do with the ballasts is a fairly big issue.

It is pretty PnP, but I still think they should have explained what goes into the ballast and what comes out and where you put it. It's simple enough, they just glossed over it like everyone would already know that. For a how-to video, it wasn't complete enough IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972