How to get 700hp (2017 Denali)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DQ Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

looking for some thoughts on what you would do to achieve 700hp on my 2017 Denali? It’s my daily driver now and I’m use to having 500+ hp cars. Kids have changed that so looking for some input in what you’d do or people with experience with this.

headers
Cam
Scharger or turbo?
Exhaust
Lifters etc.

lmk what you’d do as I’m toying around with the idea of this.

move looked into sending to lincnfelter but I don’t want to drive it 10hrs to leave it for a couple weeks / month for 16k. Granted it comes with a 3/36. Not sure if playing with 700hp or around there is worth just doing that.

thanks all, appreciate.
Dave

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since yours is a 2017, you dont have to wait for manufacturers like 21+ owners

do you want crank or wheel HP? & what is your budget?

do a search for Norcal SS threads, he has a Esky w/ your power goals.
w/ a 6.2L its much easier to get those HP #s
a few other users here are chasing some sweet HP as well

option A1)
CAI, whipple, 1 7/8 LTs, catback

option A2)
if you want more, update for forged rotating assembly, DoD delete/stage2(or bigger) cam, upgraded valve springs, upgrade fuel system(LT4 or better),

option B)
armageddon TT kit :)
search the google for soccer mom tahoe

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

looking for some thoughts on what you would do to achieve 700hp on my 2017 Denali? It’s my daily driver now and I’m use to having 500+ hp cars. Kids have changed that so looking for some input in what you’d do or people with experience with this.

headers
Cam
Scharger or turbo?
Exhaust
Lifters etc.

lmk what you’d do as I’m toying around with the idea of this.

move looked into sending to lincnfelter but I don’t want to drive it 10hrs to leave it for a couple weeks / month for 16k. Granted it comes with a 3/36. Not sure if playing with 700hp or around there is worth just doing that.

thanks all, appreciate.
Dave

Dave, Lingenfelter can probably do it faster and you keep the warranty to boot. Not a bad deal in my book.

Supercharging is good for about 125 horses on a 6.2 or thereabouts and you could probably bust that 700 number with a good cam and a 4" crankshaft for more cubic inches. Couple of the guys on here have 427s with forced induction.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything depends on which state...

cali and ny are hard to make much power in.... sadly....

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to mod my suv's to equal my cars performance, but for my last truck I purchased a Callaway Tahoe, while it only has about 600 hp, it's way fun to drive, great in the snow and bad weather so I don't have to drive my other cars, and it has full warranty that gets transfered to the next owner, so pleased I would buy another one in a second

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
since yours is a 2017, you dont have to wait for manufacturers like 21+ owners

do you want crank or wheel HP? & what is your budget?

do a search for Norcal SS threads, he has a Esky w/ your power goals.
w/ a 6.2L its much easier to get those HP #s
a few other users here are chasing some sweet HP as well

option A1)
CAI, whipple, 1 7/8 LTs, catback

option A2)
if you want more, update for forged rotating assembly, DoD delete/stage2(or bigger) cam, upgraded valve springs, upgrade fuel system(LT4 or better),

option B)
armageddon TT kit :)
search the google for soccer mom tahoe

I like how you think.

A combination of options A1 and A2 would definitely get you to your goal.

A guy local to me is a guy that did a Whipple (7psi), full exhaust, alkycontrol kit and tune and he put down 600whp. This combo was stock internals and stock cam.

600whp = 720-750 crank based on 20-25% drivetrain loss

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, Callaway and Lingerfinger (LOL) are both WELL known for being way over priced and under deliver for the money to HP ratio.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weapon X Motorsports is about an hour drive south of me. I don’t have any personal experience with them, but I’ve heard nothing but good things and have friends with various LS/LT powered vehicles that have had good experiences.

Not saying to send your truck there but this video here has a general list of their “recipe” if you will on how they achieved 750whp with the 6.2L L86: