How to get 700hp (2017 Denali)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottomline tho........if you want reliable power, its not going to be cheap. The one part or component you cheap out on, will bite you in the ass. I dealt with this last week and valve springs.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would stick a whipple on it. You will really notice it.
You will slso need to upgrade the brakes. Stopping 5400 lbs is not easy.
That’s one of the reasons I went with a full Wilwood kit with 16” front/ 14” rear rotors. ****** stops good now. :) That was after the Whipple lol.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything available yet for the 2020 with new ECU?

I've got a 2020 Esky and I had the same question(s). Here's what I was told....

Reached out to Blackbear and the answer was "no".

Reached out to Vengeance Racing and also a local tuner/dyno shop near me in Maryland and both said "yes".

Reached out to Callaway and they quoted me $25k for the full Callaway engine and suspension upgrade.

Reached out Armageddon Turbo (with my credit card in hand) about their 2015 and up twin turbo kit and they told me that the kit doesn't fit the 2020 model year. They would sell me the parts but I had to do the retrofit myself. They also tried to sell me a Whipple.

Reached out to Whipple and they advised me to wait for the 3.0 coming out later this summer.

Kooks also said that they are raising their prices effective May 1, 2021.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Reached out to Vengeance Racing and also a local tuner/dyno shop near me in Maryland and both said "yes".

Reached out to Callaway and they quoted me $25k for the full Callaway engine and suspension upgrade.

Reached out Armageddon Turbo (with my credit card in hand) about their 2015 and up twin turbo kit and they told me that the kit doesn't fit the 2020 model year. They would sell me the parts but I had to do the retrofit myself. They also tried to sell me a Whipple.

Reached out to Whipple and they advised me to wait for the 3.0 coming out later this summer.

The 2020's for some reason are locked as are the new body styles. Some of the interwebz are stating its because GM is supposedly dropping their SC on the big SUVs next year as an option (e.g. Escalade "Blackwing") So they arent allowing the aftermarket to unlock or crack the ECUs at this point. I couldnt get details out of my research but that was the gist of it. I'm not sure why the ECUs are locked on the 2020's though cause its the same setup as 2017~2019.

I would go Whipple and full exhaust. You wont need a CAI cause the intercooler is part of the Whipple kit.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Try Edelbrock: https://www.edelbrock.com/e-force-supercharger-for-2014-2018-gm-truck-suv-6-2l-15664.html

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
given OPs HP goals... Edelbrock is not the supercharger he wants ;)

wait for whipple/magnuson & tuners

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts