HOW TO: Fix strange wiper behavior (PICS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sticky this wish i this write up exists before i shelled out the money for a new one :nolol:

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Sticky this wish i this write up exists before i shelled out the money for a new one :nolol:

Thanks for the vote. Ive asked to have my writeups stickied, but dont have a response as of yet.

I have more coming (thinking about making a website devoted to HOW TO's).

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will often fix them, and is well worth a try. It's not a 100% fix however. Good illustration.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen it usually fixes them when act up. I have had one or two that would stop in mid sweep due to im guessing a bad armature in the motor. Both of these were on older trucks that had sat for a year or two. Replace with a junkyard unit and good to go. However, your how to is a very, very common problem with the wipers and would be my first line of repair.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Yes, this IS the FIX just as everyone described here. Mine were completely random, stop, work fine, stop, not speed up, all kinds of stuff.

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the others day, mine seem to "double tap" when in the intermitent position radomly when the come to the rest position. Wonder if mine needs this fix. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the write up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts