How to fit 28's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgonzalez2323

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is a super old post but by any chance did you have to modify the rear fender-well? I have a friend with a similar set up and the middle/ center of both tires are getting tore up from rubbing on the metal not the plastic of the wheel-well . It looks like the shop that installed maybe tried to hammer in these points but it wasn’t enough. On the passenger side the rear AC lines are right behind the metal that the tire is rubbing on. Now this hammered metal seems to be rubbing on the AC lines ( I know two separate issues) It it just seems to be one thing after another. I read somewhere that a control arm relocation kit is need to push the axel back. What’s the best way to resolve this issue? He’s running 325/30-30’s. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance. I can provide pictures if I need to.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easiest way to fix this is running smaller tires. I know, not an option. Raising the vehicle might help, changing the wheel offset might also do the trick. Finally, sawzall may be called for -- watching out for those AC lines. Good luck -- tire rubbing sucks