how to drop the transmission pan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l0n96all

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can someone tell me the secret to dropping the transmission pan on a 2001 4x4? the transmission cable bracket is in the way of dropping the pan, and i have tried to bend it out of the way as i had found someone else suggested in another thread, but the front drive shaft is in the way. any ideas?

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i couldn't get that bracket unbolted either. i had to bend mine out of the way, i must have dropped the front drive shaft at the front diff so i could bend it over.

pittmanb8

Reaction score
Had the same problem. Most make it sound easy to just bend the bracket but not if you have a 4x4. What you need to do is remove the bracket using a T40 torx bit and a stubby rachet. There are two t40 heads at the top of the bracket. Not much room to wiggle but it can be done!!!

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem. Most make it sound easy to just bend the bracket but not if you have a 4x4. What you need to do is remove the bracket using a T40 torx bit and a stubby rachet. There are two t40 heads at the top of the bracket. Not much room to wiggle but it can be done!!!

mines 4wd and i didn't remove mine.

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this saturday and it took me 5 hours! the book says take the linkage bracket off, and the heat shield on other other side. then you can wiggle it out. or you can take the linkage out of the bracket. But i wouldnt recommend it, you run a chance of breaking it like I did. Now I have to get the whole cable replaced. Anybody knows where I can get one? FYI royal purple Trans fluid is amazing!

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup broke my cable doing mine no that bad to put a new one in.. thank god

How did you fix it? where did you get the cable and how hard is it to put it on? Have no experience on Trans, but dont want to spend a arm and a leg trying get it fix. Got my servo and Im just waiting to put it in after I get my cable fixed. Did I mention RP trans fluid is awesome! LMAO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts