How should I have my running boards painted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
That SS bumper will set it off ;)

This G.D. HD Hood mod is spreading like wildfire---might have to move this mod to the top of the list. Just have to find a decent body shop to do the custom work for the edges.......

LOL!! I know right. When I got my cowl hood, I never thought about getting the HD hood. I gotta say tho, really like HD hood on the Yukons. Something about having to modify it to fit, makes it more custom. Don't get me wrong, loved that I only had to bolt mine on. But just saying

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
ya unfortunately a roll pan is out! Love the look, but not willing to loose the bumper after being rear ended. kinda sucks, but will figure something else out that will go. Thinking Denali bumper. not sure yet

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Right on! ya alot has been done in the past few Weeks. Hopefully can get to the point.were I'm happy with exterior.

You need to swoop up on that HD hood tho Jonas. Shit looks tight on Yukons,just cool cause it's not bolt on, u actually have to mod it to fit.

I need to sell my damn cowl hood now!!!

YOU KNOW IT!!! Ordering it on Wednesday next week! $223 shipped to my house...and I'll do paint and trimming myself. I'll start new thread once she gets here!

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

ya unfortunately a roll pan is out! Love the look, but not willing to loose the bumper after being rear ended. kinda sucks, but will figure something else out that will go. Thinking Denali bumper. not sure yet

YEAh IMO... keep bumper and hitch and do Denali swap.. I got rear-ened in my S-10 with rollpan:driver::van: drunk driver in a conversion van, full tailskin combo,LED lights and custom rollpan,60 hrs of nice bodywork all went to shame in 13 seconds!.....yeah it sucks:bawl:...never again!

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU KNOW IT!!! Ordering it on Wednesday next week! $223 shipped to my house...and I'll do paint and trimming myself. I'll start new thread once she gets here!

I hope yours fits better than mine did. The gaps towards the back of the hood were terrible and the overall lenght of the hood was a little short.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score

I hope yours fits better than mine did. The gaps towards the back of the hood were terrible and the overall lenght of the hood was a little short.

From this angle,your hood looks excellent! Did you do the triming by the headlights yourself or have a shop do it? THAT HOOD LOOKS MEAN:flamingdevil: I like the fitment..looks good man

P.S Scott, you got a pick of the smooth rear vents at all? Your truck is real nice and suttle!

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my smoothie vents, if it matters haha. All the same, Tahoe, Yukon, Denali, Escalade. 20120401_150324-1.jpg

nmsyukon, HD hood does look good tho from pic. post a pic of the gaps tho, if you don't mind? I had same fitment issues with my cowl hood. Got lucky with my HD hood tho, minor gap on driver side I was able to get right with some adjusting. Have seen others HD hoods on Tahoes that were gapped on sides.

Last edited:

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Ahh..Looks good! Sorry for the off topic thread jack. Gotta step my game up. Got a lil sidetracked..ya know:)

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
aw man, all good. I would still like him to post up pics of smoothie vents and HD hood. No worries, doesn't bother me any. Just wasn't sure if you wanted to see what it should look like!! haha, I kid, I kid :hands:

Last edited:

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
LOL......always got the comebacks! I tell you this....them bitches arent cheap:Nonono: for two fricken urethane pieces!!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n240sxlover