How Much Water Accumulates On the Roof of a Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the good 'ol days when there was a water channel on the roof edge. ( station wagons)..
That said...... I back out of my driveway and stab the brakes to run the water off the roof at rear.
Then stab the brakes at my 1st stop sign to complete the water removal process. What a pain.
But... We live with it :)

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I miss the good 'ol days when there was a water channel on the roof edge. ( station wagons)..
That said...... I back out of my driveway and stab the brakes to run the water off the roof at rear.
Then stab the brakes at my 1st stop sign to complete the water removal process. What a pain.
But... We live with it :)
I agree. I never got wet from water coming in the window of my 78 C10.

UNOIT

Reaction score
I think some water accumulates around the sunroof seams as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcyy

Reaction score
Same problem as JG only worse..."Brain Freeze"... weather was sunny and clear.Took my 19 Denali out and opened the roof for the first time to enjoy the ride. Left it parked in the drive and you guessed it-now it's pouring roof still open-every thing soaked.Anyone know of a way to rewire roof to auto-close when ignition is turned off. Use to have a Tahoe with Holandia after market roof with that feature and loved it.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same problem as JG only worse..."Brain Freeze"... weather was sunny and clear.Took my 19 Denali out and opened the roof for the first time to enjoy the ride. Left it parked in the drive and you guessed it-now it's pouring roof still open-every thing soaked.Anyone know of a way to rewire roof to auto-close when ignition is turned off. Use to have a Tahoe with Holandia after market roof with that feature and loved it.

Until then..... A Post It Note on the dash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645