How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heymatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No issues here with either buffetting or vibration at highway speeds.Tahoe LT with 20's no sunroof. I do notice the roof above the front seats deflects easily when washing the truck.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues here with either buffetting or vibration at highway speeds.Tahoe LT with 20's no sunroof. I do notice the roof above the front seats deflects easily when washing the truck.

Highway speeds being above 75 right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U

uat1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
According to a new publication, GM acknowledged the issue, it says the incident rate is low and has been fixed in the late 2015 model. Maybe if I do a factory order I might get lucky? It's quite a gamble for over $60K though. The pub says 40 engineers are involved in working on a solution that works but still no joy, that's a lot of manpower and that can't be good.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/30/fullsize-gm-suvs-making-owners-sick-report/

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still not fixed with 16s so there's no security in a factory order vs off the lot

Chris T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I drove probably 3 LTZ's and 4 Yukons/Denali's, all SWB, all with 22's. The first one was a 2016 XLT SWB, 4wd and 22's. Buffeting was HORRIBLE at 40-45mph. We drove another (can't recall exact config but not XL/Burb) and it had it to a lesser degree. We figured it was just a feature of these trucks. Upon googling it and finding it on the other forum, we opted not to consider buying a GM. Fast forward a few weeks later after looking at everything else available in this category, we found a 2wd, 20" wheel Denali with the interior color (brown) we wanted. We decided to check it out, mainly for the interior color, and found it had no buffeting or vibrations at all. Now, if you drive on a gravel road or on rough pavement at slow speeds, we do get some light buffeting. Otherwise, smooth as silk. So we bought it. We're not at 1000 miles yet but fingers crossed, no issues.

Side note: my wife drove it home from the airport yesterday and said it had some vibrations in the airport parking garage. Rough concrete road on higher levels must have made the vibrations noticeable. After getting back on regular pavement it felt fine.

My unscientific opinion is 22" wheels and 4wd in either short or long wheelbase have the most issues.

yahtzee

Reaction score
Comical to see some of the misinformation in here. Someone thinks that people are making these issues up so they can dump the truck? Makes perfect sense. I picked up my 2016 Yukon XL Denali on 9/15/15. My dealer has been fantastic but ultimately ran out of things to try to fix both issues. I've driven 12+ Yukons (Short and XL), Tahoes and Suburbans and EVERY SINGLE ONE had the buffeting issue and only ONE didn't have the vibration issue. Someone also mentioned that folks aren't used to the cabin pressure in a large SUV. Really? Give that a rest, please. Going into a submarine or ascending in an airplane, ok. I'll give you the cabin pressure thing. A car that people spend hours a day in? No. It's not normal. No other large SUV has it. No other car I have ever driven has had it. I ALMOST went with a black one today but felt like I was settling on the color since the vibrations didn't exist. I pulled back and my dealer is bringing in the one I want by end of week. If you get a chance, take a look at my Facebook group. It's small but there are some interesting folks joining (who aren't just owners). www.facebook.com/groups/GMissues

Check out the article on autoguide.com. They were the ones that took my information and ran with it. Now, all of the rags have latched on including a story tonight from a station in Detroit. I emailed that reporter with my specific history and he said, "man, I wish I had spoken to you prior to my story airing."

If you don't have the issue(s), go enjoy your ride. You are one of the lucky ones. You have a great truck. If I didn't love the redesign and our lifestyle needs hadn't coincided with the redesign I wouldn't have put up with this for a week. Fact is, I LOVE the Yukon Denali's and want to find a truck that operates as it should. Good luck, everyone.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comical to see some of the misinformation in here. Someone thinks that people are making these issues up so they can dump the truck? Makes perfect sense. I picked up my 2016 Yukon XL Denali on 9/15/15. My dealer has been fantastic but ultimately ran out of things to try to fix both issues. I've driven 12+ Yukons (Short and XL), Tahoes and Suburbans and EVERY SINGLE ONE had the buffeting issue and only ONE didn't have the vibration issue. Someone also mentioned that folks aren't used to the cabin pressure in a large SUV. Really? Give that a rest, please. Going into a submarine or ascending in an airplane, ok. I'll give you the cabin pressure thing. A car that people spend hours a day in? No. It's not normal. No other large SUV has it. No other car I have ever driven has had it. I ALMOST went with a black one today but felt like I was settling on the color since the vibrations didn't exist. I pulled back and my dealer is bringing in the one I want by end of week. If you get a chance, take a look at my Facebook group. It's small but there are some interesting folks joining (who aren't just owners). www.facebook.com/groups/GMissues

Check out the article on autoguide.com. They were the ones that took my information and ran with it. Now, all of the rags have latched on including a story tonight from a station in Detroit. I emailed that reporter with my specific history and he said, "man, I wish I had spoken to you prior to my story airing."

If you don't have the issue(s), go enjoy your ride. You are one of the lucky ones. You have a great truck. If I didn't love the redesign and our lifestyle needs hadn't coincided with the redesign I wouldn't have put up with this for a week. Fact is, I LOVE the Yukon Denali's and want to find a truck that operates as it should. Good luck, everyone.

Other than test drives with owners (where the salespeople are forced to observe the issues), I find it tough to believe that the dealers are not aware of these problems at this point. Yet they continue to sell these vehicles. For that reason, I refuse to buy one though I'd like to replace my 2011. I just don't want to play roulette and acquire the (literal) headaches that so many folks are reporting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cervantesjesus174