How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
A dealer called me today letting me know about the big discount on 2015 Tahoe. On the phone I metioned to him that I am reading so many owners reporting the buffetting/vibration issue on Youkon and Tahoe. He seemed surpriced to what I mentioned, he said he had never heard of it. He said he had sold many Youkon and Tahoe this year and none of them reported the issues.

I have been under the impression that there are more Youkon/Tahoe with the issues than those that have no issue, it's like you would be really lucky to get one without the issues, maybe I am wrong.... How many of you have a 2015/2016 Youkon/Tahoe and DO NOT have buffetting and vibration issue?
my 2016 Yukon does not have the issue. My 2014 Escalade did not have the issue.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
I do believe the owners who say they have a vibration. I have a noise in my passenger seat that the dealer has heard but simply cannot fix it. It is annoying. Build-Quality on the GM SUVs is not always the best.

oceanhut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A week of ownership of 2018 LT and no noise. On the drive home, I thought I might have felt some buffeting but I told myself it’s in my head —and it went away. Nothing since

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015i, 60k, vibrates like a mfer, on the highway, on the street, everywhere. Clunks too.
Needs tires and an alignment but it's way worse than it should be. U joints are fine.
Cousin had the same issue and was in the dealer weekly trying to get it fixed. Eventually traded on a 2017 and no issues.

Phdhusky

Reaction score
2015i, 60k, vibrates like a mfer, on the highway, on the street, everywhere. Clunks too.
Needs tires and an alignment but it's way worse than it should be. U joints are fine.
Cousin had the same issue and was in the dealer weekly trying to get it fixed. Eventually traded on a 2017 and no issues.

How bad are the vibrations? Teeth chattering? Just curious as to how smooth and quiet I should expect my ride to be.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Escalade ESV and do not experience buffeting. I do get a slight vibration between 70 and 75, but super smooth below and above that. My 2010 escalade vibrates significantly more, so I don't consider it having the same issue as some of the others have posted. I did drive a 2016 escalade esv before I bought mine, and it started shaking at 45mph and never went away so long as you stay above it.

ctide21

Reaction score
2017 Yukon Denali with no buffeting or vibrating. Rock solid at all speeds. I do notice more interior resonance with the windows down than my 2002 Tahoe. I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn