How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FogDucker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anyway you can take a pic underneath your vehicle so I could see the exhaust? Can U see the dampeners by looking at it?
I did see them when my Yukon was in the air getting the BFGs rebalanced. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a lift and it looks like I'll be heading back north into salt/snow. I'll see if I can have some pictures taken when I put my Continentals back on for the non winter months.

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Escalade with 19,000 miles and zero buffeting or vibration issues. I'm hoping they fix the hit or miss problem by 2017 or 2018 though as I'll be looking for a new one by then. :(

Hayseed_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Surprisingly, when I spoke with a different dealer this morning, this was the first he had heard of any issues.

He said that he does not notice a difference in ride harshness between the 20" and 22" wheels.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, when I spoke with a different dealer this morning, this was the first he had heard of any issues.

He said that he does not notice a difference in ride harshness between the 20" and 22" wheels.

It might be true and if I were in a location where roads were smooth and perfect 99% of the time I might have pursued keeping the 22s as there's no denying they look the best on these huge trucks but being in the michigan I just went the 20s route.

Regarding the dealer, my dealer told me this morning they haven't heard about the buffeting/pressure issues other than my case which is laughable. According to some i've heard from, GM has bought back more of these trucks then any other vehicle so it's well and widely known.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Denali with 22"s. No buffeting or vibration even at interstate speeds, but the ride characteristics of the truck leave a lot to be desired. Very poor compliance which surprises me. I've dropped my tyre psi down to 33 cold which helps a little, but GM really should re-program the magnetic shocks to far better handle road imperfections.

Bish

FogDucker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 Denali with 22"s. No buffeting or vibration even at interstate speeds, but the ride characteristics of the truck leave a lot to be desired. Very poor compliance which surprises me. I've dropped my tyre psi down to 33 cold which helps a little, but GM really should re-program the magnetic shocks to far better handle road imperfections.

Bish
Coming from a Buick Enclave, I think that my Denali handles imperfections very well. Firm around corners (on ramps and such) and smooth everywhere else. (I've got 20's).

Where it does stumble is on larger 'imperfections' such as bad expansion joints with speed. I attribute that to the live axle though. At the end of the day, it's still a truck and will never handle like a car/suv no matter how much technology they throw at it.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned a 2006. 2008. and 2014 Tahoe. Non of them them ever made the booming/ buffeting noises my 2016 Tahoe makes ;(

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a Buick Enclave, I think that my Denali handles imperfections very well. Firm around corners (on ramps and such) and smooth everywhere else. (I've got 20's).

Where it does stumble is on larger 'imperfections' such as bad expansion joints with speed. I attribute that to the live axle though. At the end of the day, it's still a truck and will never handle like a car/suv no matter how much technology they throw at it.
I agree with this too.
My wife had an Enclave and the thing was like riding on a cloud, definitely a Buick.
The thing is I would get so darn tired driving that thing. No lie! It was so quiet and smooth I would need a soda on the way to the shore.
I prefer the ride of the Yukon more. I prefer to hear the engine and feel the road while I am driving.
The magnetic suspension does have a hard time handling sudden chops in the road. There is a crest to a hill I go over every day which the Yukon crashes over. It's almost as if the shocks are set too firm.
Doesn't the Escalade have adjustable suspension?

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the Escalade have adjustable suspension?

Theoretically it does. We get to choose between touring and sport modes, but I'll be damned if I can tell the difference between the 2. Especially when it comes to bumps and road imperfections.

Hayseed_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the middle of my all day test drive. This is a different but same equipped vehicle as the other day that made me sick. This one is driving nice. No vibration or buffeting. Would like a little more compliant ride but I think 20" tires would take care of that one. So far liking this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roflwaffle

Latest posts