How many miles does your vehicle have on it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My 01 SLT 5.3l has 196k on it.
My 12 Denali has 105k on it

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001 z71 tahoe awd 5.3L. 231000 miles. I bought as a project. Was in rough shape but ran for a while lol... had been previous guy's off road truck.

All new 5100 bilstein shocks. The tohers were installed wrong. One ripped off.

Rear diff blew out, had never been serviced. I thought was front diff making noise so i replace output shaft bearings and serviced it... but upon test driving it for less than a block realized was rear diff making noise and blew up in that half block.

G80 looked fine but housing was destroyed as the bearings had decintegrated.

Radiator blew out and i replaced it.

Dash was in a zillion peices so i got a new cover. There are a laundry list of other issues in interrior.

One of the parking brake anchor plates was warn down. I had to replace it with new rear end. Now parking brake works.

That is about it. I have some leaks, the oil pan gasket is leaking in middle of replacing it.

Next the trans cooler has leaked ever since putting in new radiator. I have been testing different orings, but i think is fitting on radiator.

I have had tons of problems, but i think this car was hard used. Only tranny and motor were ever serviced. Maybe the front diff once.

It gets better by the day though and these parts are cheap.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
2001 z71 tahoe awd 5.3L. 231000 miles. I bought as a project. Was in rough shape but ran for a while lol... had been previous guy's off road truck.

All new 5100 bilstein shocks. The tohers were installed wrong. One ripped off.

Rear diff blew out, had never been serviced. I thought was front diff making noise so i replace output shaft bearings and serviced it... but upon test driving it for less than a block realized was rear diff making noise and blew up in that half block.

G80 looked fine but housing was destroyed as the bearings had decintegrated.

Radiator blew out and i replaced it.

Dash was in a zillion peices so i got a new cover. There are a laundry list of other issues in interrior.

One of the parking brake anchor plates was warn down. I had to replace it with new rear end. Now parking brake works.

That is about it. I have some leaks, the oil pan gasket is leaking in middle of replacing it.

Next the trans cooler has leaked ever since putting in new radiator. I have been testing different orings, but i think is fitting on radiator.

I have had tons of problems, but i think this car was hard used. Only tranny and motor were ever serviced. Maybe the front diff once.

It gets better by the day though and these parts are cheap.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
You're getting there.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 has 269.050 today. I bought it 10 years ago with 37,000. It still runs well and only requires normal maintenance, plugs, wires, alternator, throttle body, shocks, tires and of course oil change every 3,000-3,500 miles. Has been a very cheap ride all things considered.

However, after 10 years I think its time for a change. Looking at options.

Hope you all have as good as luck with yours!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts