How many keys can I program?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sennister

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Denali that we just bought. I was wondering how many keys can I program? I already locked the keys inside it once (during the test drive :emotions122: ) I also like to keep a set of keys hidden in my shop for all the vehicles as you never know when you have to move stuff around. I know the programming process, valid key in the ignition for 5 sec then the new key for 5 sec. Or you do the long route if you don't have a programmed key of something like 10min 40 sec take it out then back in for another 10 min 40 sec.

On this subject, is there a way to disable the auto locking feature? I am used to my Avalanche. In that if the keys are in the ignition, you cannot lock the driver's door. This thing is completely opposite. Leave the keys in the ignition and you have what 2 min and bam, it locks down. If there are no keys in the ignition, it has sat for a couple days and never locked. The biggest thing to get used to will be stops for gas. I guess it helps support OnStar Subscriptions. I never had OnStar on the 03 and while we have a 90 day trial, I doubt we will renew just for lockout/accident protection. I just don't see the value for what, $20/mo. While I don't need a chipped key to simply unlock it, I do want at least 4 of them, like I said to move vehicles around, valet parking and such.

Thanks

jcgilli

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
8 fobs

I think you can program up to 8 fobs. At least that is what is allowed on my 07.

As far as the autolock feature, I don't know. I have seem people talk about having to reprogram the truck but that is out of my league.

OP
OP
S

sennister

Reaction score
Ok, not going to worry about the fobs. Have to go to the dealer to program them with the scan tool on the 2011+ but I can do the keys once they are cut.

OP
OP
S

sennister

Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer and had them cut 2 more keys. Now have 2 with fobs and 2 just regular keys. Took a few seconds to program them and all set. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts