how long do you plan on keeping your tahoe/yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my current 1997 Yukon SLT 4x4 for almost a year now, and I plan on keeping it till it dies or is beyond repair. 197k with a rebuilt trans and runs like a top. I had a 1999 Tahoe LT 4x4 for 5 months and a 1999 Denali for 6 months. I don't tend to keep cars very long but I've fallen in love with my 97 Yuk and now I have a boat and a camper so I have to keep it. I've had 12 cars in 3 years and I don't get rid of them because I don't like them (except my 03 Mustang convertible, hated it) I just love cars and want a new one often and can't keep them all. Right now with my 97 Yukon, 02 VW Passat GLX wagon and my fiancés Kia Soul I'm pretty content.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Owned mine for about 5 years now , No plans on getting rid of it

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned mine for over 7 years now, and I have no intentions of letting it go anytime soon! 261K miles and still runs like new!

In fact, I'm hoping to put some more money into her soon, and get some new wheels and tires, and hopefully start fabbing some custom bumpers, trying to make her more expedition capable.

Casey

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 95 as well, and she is at 300K. No plans on getting rid of her, she came to me all tired and neglected, and I am slowly giving her a new life!

She's a keeper to me.

Shawn

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owned my 99(blue 4 door )2 years now,and my 96 (2 door project) 1.5 years ...may sell the 96 ,I want an avi .

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 1997 4 door new in November of 1996 and put 281K miles on it before the tranny gave out.
I replaced it in March of 2011 with a 2 door 1997 tahoe with 90K miles from the Southern states. Currently has 120Kmiles and I plan on keeping this one for a long time to come.
Tbruz

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will keep mine forever. Its paid for. It runs great. its a very comfortable truck. Im keeping mine for my first kid to drive to school when hes able to. course gotta get married and have that kid first lol

Yukon&Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I intend to keep driving the 2000 Tahoe LS 4x4 (My daily driver/beater) until something major ($2500+ fix) pukes on it like the Engine or Tranny. At that point I'll have to review the overall vehicle and deside what should be done.... as I'd really like back into a pickup, but this truck haas ran to good to bail on just yet!! I bought it with 140,000 miles, 3 years ago and it now is @ 173,000miles. I bought it for $4800.... all I've put into it is brake pads, shocks, tires, spark plugs and all fluids (Mobil 1 Synthetics from front to rear of driveline). I've also done a few cost free (or very low) items like clean the multifunctional switch guts and relube) and clean MAF sensor, fuel filter and normal GOF's. Done all the work myself to keep costs low. Been a great ride, not any major mechanical issues.... knock on wood!!

The 2007 Denali (Family/Mama Mobile)...... I'll trade in a few years (3-4 years). We picked it up with 98,000 miles (currently at 102,000 miles) this last fall in near flawless condition. I learned after a few months that the rear air ride system was on it's way out. I've had the air ride pump replace, drier rebuilt and rear shocks replaced with Arnott products at a local shop ($900 installed)..... other than that it's still in great mechanical and physical condition - as I like to keep the family ride!! Only things I've done are tranny and transfercase fluid changes, headlight bulbs and a K&N filter. This summer I intend to change the plugs, and change front & rear differencial fluids to Mobil 1 Synthetics.

Last edited:

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as I can because once I start doing the crazy mods it wont be a DD anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper