How do you diagnose a power window motor problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennethjohann29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I find it interesting, and someone might drop problem looking for answers. It seems that your window motors should be replaced. I know of the step by step process on how to replace a window motor. I have done it before.

-You've got to look for the fuse.
-Use the door panels on the window switch the your the window roll the window up and down, then take it out.
-Check the power to the positive side pin on the window lift motor.
-Take out the glass from the regulator assembly.
-Take off the window lift motor bolts. Slide the window lift motor mount through the interior access opening of the door.
-Then it's time to put the new motor.
-re-install everything.

If this is not clear to you, there's a more precise process/

oneradride

Reaction score
I've done this twice myself.. From my experience its best to get the window all the way up (if it's not) then tape it up there using the top of the door to secure it there. You never really have to mess with the glass at all this way.

The new motor will come with 2 rails, cables and of course a motor all connected and ready to go. After you remove the 7MM bolts from under the interior lift handle (under the pop off plate) and under the window/lock panel.... and one more under the panel on the other side of the rear view mirror if I recall correctly.. You should be able to lift the interior door panel straight up, DON"T try and pull it towards you! You will still have to disconnect the interior light from the door panel once it's loose.

After its out of the way... there are 4 10MM bolts total, that are attached to each rail, one on each end. There are also 2 vice like, coated, smash plates with a 10MM bolts that grab the bottom of the window. After removing all 6 the entire assembly should come out.

WITHAC, I'm sure yours if fixed by now but this may help someone else that is leery about trying it. Really easy, no special tools and about 20 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy