How big is this lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runatl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought this Yukon last month and wondering how much is it lifting in the front/rear. Can anyone tell if its a body or Suspension and how i can get the rear up to be leveled with the front?
And new to Yukons..
Anything i need to make sure is done to it?
Anything i need to know?

Thanks!

20190321_082337.jpg 20190323_143232.jpg

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always add rear airbags to get it perfectly level. Impossible to tell if its body or suspension without seeing underneath

Last edited:

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take pictures of the front underneath and rear underneath showing the suspension on both. Judging by the lack of frame showing, it is all suspension lift.

And list the tire size so we can gauge the gap in the fender. I have had my truck at 6" of lift, 7.5" lift and have it set at 10.5" right now so I have a good visual.

If those are 35" tires, that is bigger than 6".

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also look on line to see the stock ride height then add the diff in stock tires vs current. Didn’t the PO give you any info? Might be worth a trip to a trusted shop to make sure everything is done right. I’m guessing the front is higher to clear the tires?

OP
OP
Runatl

Runatl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sitting on 35, and the PO didnt give me any kinda info other then the engine is having issues (300rpm idle), got it for cheap did a good throddle body cleaning and now idling at 720

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Runatl

Runatl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can also look on line to see the stock ride height then add the diff in stock tires vs current. Didn’t the PO give you any info? Might be worth a trip to a trusted shop to make sure everything is done right. I’m guessing the front is higher to clear the tires?
Fronts higher for a squatted look, not to fond of it and will lvl it out soon.

OP
OP
Runatl

Runatl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take pictures of the front underneath and rear underneath showing the suspension on both. Judging by the lack of frame showing, it is all suspension lift.

And list the tire size so we can gauge the gap in the fender. I have had my truck at 6" of lift, 7.5" lift and have it set at 10.5" right now so I have a good visual.

If those are 35" tires, that is bigger than 6".
I'll post up pics of it tomorrow

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On 35's I'd say the front is around 8" +/- .5".
Back is 6". I'd measure to the center of the wheel wells on level ground and add coil spacers or reindex the torsion keys to lower the front a little. More than likely, like someone already said, the keys were indexed to stop the tires from rubbing with the wheel fully turned. I rubbed on 35's with 6" of lift but don't with 7.5".

OP
OP
Runatl

Runatl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On 35's I'd say the front is around 8" +/- .5".
Back is 6". I'd measure to the center of the wheel wells on level ground and add coil spacers or reindex the torsion keys to lower the front a little. More than likely, like someone already said, the keys were indexed to stop the tires from rubbing with the wheel fully turned. I rubbed on 35's with 6" of lift but don't with 7.5".
I definitely rub in the front, I'll have to bring the back up to lvl out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17