How about some gas mileage reports?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JR09country

Reaction score
21 z71 tahoe w/5900lb curb weight and 1100 total miles.
- best 450 mile average according to readout is 16.0 mpg
- current 450 mile average is 15.7 mpg

Getting about .5 mpg less compared to my 19 trail boss I had. I am happy with it, the tahoe weighs almost 500lbs more.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those folks who doesn't really give a crap about the gas mileage that I get on my truck. That said, it is not my daily driver, so that does make a difference. I have a heavy foot, and I do like to take advantage of my 93 octane BBP performance tune, whenever I get a chance, or whenever I come to the front of the line on a multi-lane road at a red light.

City: 10-12 mpg
Highway: 14-16 mpg (17-18 mpg, when the wife is in the truck with me)

txchevy4ever

Reaction score
I don't care about gas mileage either.. it's not a factor in our finances regardless of the cost of fuel, however, I do like having longer range without stopping... I spend a lot of time out on land in Texas and don't like having to feel like I always need to fill up like I did with my 6.2L 2015 Z71 LTZ Crew Cab, or my previous 2 5.3L Tahoes.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do get a kick out of lead footed drivers who accelerate all the way to the next stop light.

This may not be the thread for those who don't care about gas mileage and proud of it.

You should try being in SWFL. Its like the fast and the furious light to light down here. Tons of high powered and high dollar cars down here and all are ready to drag, especially after dark...light to light or on 75. If you don't drive 85 min on 75, you get your doors blown off....

I too don't really care what fuel costs, but it Irks me that fuel companies will jack premium up +.60 cents over RUL. I remember when mid grade was + .10 and the premium was another .10...Ok that's fair enough. Any decent big or performance vehicle REQUIRES it to run the way is should. I hate having to stop for fuel every week or seeing the needle drop noticeably every time you go do anything... Just proves what a gas horse these vehicles really are. If I can't find or get one with a Duramax ( Rare as hens teeth in my area...) I'll prob just Keep my JEEP GC EcoDiesel another year. Over all it runs great and solid 27-30 MPG....

OP
OP
Quark

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 Denali, about 1500 miles..my average is about 17 mpg.

That doesn't sound too bad considering it is the 6.2L. Is that mixed driving or mostly highway? What octane of petrol do you use mostly?

Dpm7471

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is mixed driving since I bought it 1500 miles ago. I was getting 20 mpg on the highway during a recent trip.

I use 91-93 octane fuel.

This is a vehicle that just does not get great gas mileage. I heard that the diesel version mpg’s are better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645