"Hot" Side Unboxing - Twin Turbo Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RThomasII

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!!

We got on the dyno and did 4 pulls before we had to shut it down. The LT4 fuel pump was throwing an error code so we had to abandon the tuning session for today. Tomorrow we will be pulling the top off to re-check the LT4 upgrade install and sort the gremlins.

The good news is that even with all the issues, the Esky still managed a best run of 634/847. That was on low boost and barely any tuning done. There still should be a lot left after we sort the high side fuel issue out but I'm good with those numbers if I end up being stuck there.

The attached video is of one of the runs + the dyno chart of our best pull.

20220112_140731.jpg

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you end up with a cam in this thing? the 30%+ fuel lobe is one of the major reasons its needed. and its on pump 93?

what did you do for the low side (in tank pump)?

OP
OP
RThomasII

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you end up with a cam in this thing? the 30%+ fuel lobe is one of the major reasons its needed. and its on pump 93?

what did you do for the low side (in tank pump)?
No mods to the internals at all. For the low side I installed a Armageddon 465 LPH fuel pump.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No mods to the internals at all. For the low side I installed a Armageddon 465 LPH fuel pump.

gotcha - 465lph should do 750-800hp pretty easy
and yea a 6.2 thats 11.5 compression with 10lbs of boost is going to make a ton of power lol if that torque reading is right he prob got out of it cause hp would have been real close to it when he gets the tune nailed down
i wouldnt do much more on 93oct, the DI you can get away with a little bit more than port injection

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Torque Monster!!! Look how flat that torque line is. It's hard to tell from the graph photo or maybe I'm not reading the numbers along the bottom right; But what RPM are you at peak torque and HP?

I bet it's a blast to drive!

Last edited:

maxpsi

Reaction score
A/F looks rock solid and where it should be. Not bad given the fuel problems.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates man?
Been rolling around on the streets for 2 weeks now? How would you say the daily drivability is?

OP
OP
RThomasII

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates man?
Been rolling around on the streets for 2 weeks now? How would you say the daily drivability is?
Right now its just a whole bunch of buyers remorse. Truck threw a check engine light 2 days after I picked it up. It was shifting really rough, wideband stopped working, carbon smell in cabin, you could hear the knock retard. I dropped it off and was told the error code was a high voltage spike with the MAP sensor. Tuner still has it.

On the up side, it drove like a champ and was fast AF for the few days that it ran properly. I'll post another update once I get it back.