Hot air......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would cause hot air to come through the vents on a 2017 Escalade when its off? Happens every so often and its really annoying.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the entire system off fan and all? How about the rear?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would cause hot air to come through the vents on a 2017 Escalade when its off? Happens every so often and its really annoying.
Like nate said, afterblow.
On some vehicles when using the a/c or defrost modes on the cc a mold or mildew ish smell starts in the vehicle. The codensation in the fan, heater box/core and all rlated interior duct stays damp. GM can program this feature on or off so that it blows warm/hot air through to ‘dry out’ everything so the mold mildew issue drys out before it has a chance. If its a used vehicle maybe it was done before you purchased or maybe gm turns it on from the factory now..but I doubt the latter. Im guessing your trucknis used?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Anything to do with afterblow? @swathdiver

Afterblow on the older body style like your old Denali and Escalade would be ambient air or any leftover hot air and is programmed to come on 20 minutes after shutdown and run for a few minutes and then turn off. As Pete mentioned, it's to keep mold and mildew from forming when certain conditions are met.

Not sure if it works any differently on the K2s. Might be hidden inside the owner's manual somewhere.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is definitely something wrong, this cannot be normal. I usually keep it around 70-72 in winter and occasionally when I shut if off its unbearably hot. Must be 80+ degrees.

I have had a few of these trucks (not this body style of course) and never experienced this before, shit I never heard of it.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, you never heard of it so i guess it doesn’t exist. Good luck bud.

LOL, funny! I just read that the afterblow lasts 20-30 seconds. When it blows hot air it lasts for several minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick