Horror story!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FAA3BCAC-13BB-43FE-8AFC-0999F4681A53.png EF553598-917D-4D7E-9914-F217DB95DAEE.jpeg 488D30EB-D7DB-4C8A-AAC4-DF2B8059A14C.jpeg 9273F32E-D176-4BC1-9032-0395F1A96C99.jpeg CDE8B1A2-90CC-44BC-A11A-7A32526FA10D.jpeg So we decided to swap wheels from 24s to 22s for a better ride quality so I’ve looking on Facebook and found a set of Escalade wheels that had some peeling so figured why not just get them powder coated. Well I went and got them today not knowing what to really look for and I trust people to much. Took them over to the mechanic to get them balanced so I can put them on and to my surprise they are junked! Cracks and bends!!!!

So I text the dude and tell him the problem and he finally agrees to let me bring them back next week but he’s keeping $200 of my money for his time wasted. What do I do? Take it or spend a lot to have them fixed and paint?

I’ve attached one of the pictures from the ad and then pictures my mechanic told me to take.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some people will sell anything regardless. but i agree to ditch them and get what you can back and count it as a lesson learned. always always inspect used rims and or tires thoroughly before you buy them. ive purchased a few used rims myself and ive caught some nonsense before. i will admit ive gotten partially bones myself when i bought my 97 hoe. i was too excited to buy the truck and didnt notice one of the rim spokes was cracked. i had the other issues priced and somewhat figured out when i bought it but i wasnt expecting another 500 dollar cost.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...he’s keeping $200 of my money for his time wasted.

Homey got that wrong! He's wasted YOUR time and should give you every nickel back. The longer it takes to meet up with this knucklehead, the less likely you are to get anything back.

We laugh a the things for sale locally and on ebay. People selling broken junk as if it had any value, some of these people see nothing wrong with selling a $5 vase for $40 next to dirty diapers in the picture! Saw that on Let Go recently.

People tend towards depravity unless they've been raised right but as the years roll by, there's definitely a rise in the percentage of people who see nothing wrong with doing others wrong for gain. Just look at those bums in Washington.

From the gist of the conversation you had with that guy, it's probably best to take what you can and move on. Sounds like a hard criminal to me. But if you have a friend who wears a badge, maybe he could accompany you and seek a full refund instead of a partial one?

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Homey got that wrong! He's wasted YOUR time and should give you every nickel back. The longer it takes to meet up with this knucklehead, the less likely you are to get anything back.

We laugh a the things for sale locally and on ebay. People selling broken junk as if it had any value, some of these people see nothing wrong with selling a $5 vase for $40 next to dirty diapers in the picture! Saw that on Let Go recently.

People tend towards depravity unless they've been raised right but as the years roll by, there's definitely a rise in the percentage of people who see nothing wrong with doing others wrong for gain. Just look at those bums in Washington.

From the gist of the conversation you had with that guy, it's probably best to take what you can and move on. Sounds like a hard criminal to me. But if you have a friend who wears a badge, maybe he could accompany you and seek a full refund instead of a partial one?

I wish I had a cop buddy but unfortunately I do not. At first he said I can meet him today but now it’s changed to Monday. He met me half way with them but now says I have to bring all the way to him. 4 hour round trip is gonna be fun. Just to hopefully get some money back

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful then. 4 hours, that's at least $60 in gas plus lunch too. I wonder what the scrap value of those wheels are? How are the tires? One thing I'm thinkin' of is cutting losses and recovering what you can by liquidating those things honestly. Recently sold my old catalytic converters to a scrap yard. While in line, I was surprised to see so many fellas come in and scrap aftermarket wheels.

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful then. 4 hours, that's at least $60 in gas plus lunch too. I wonder what the scrap value of those wheels are? How are the tires? One thing I'm thinkin' of is cutting losses and recovering what you can by liquidating those things honestly. Recently sold my old catalytic converters to a scrap yard. While in line, I was surprised to see so many fellas come in and scrap aftermarket wheels.

Maybe I’ll look into that. I think the tires are only about 30%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter