Home made exhaust tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
so I got my magnaflow muffler a couple weeks ago and decided to cheap out due to the fact i do not have mud flaps nor do I want them and I do not want rocks chipping the tips, so I decided to make my tip nicer, cheaply

tell me what you think, i added the chrome to the end so it would match mt rims

first I painted my pipe black with bbq paint
IMG_0009.jpg

then added chrome vent tapeto the tip to match my rims
IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Looks good, You should just dump it tho.. I would If I didn't have Corsa Twin Tips

Rick

Reaction score
You say chrome vent tape. Is that just foil tape? with foil tape on your exauhst and a flex hose on your intake, are you by chance taking parts from work? maybe your a duct cleaner like i used to be, or maybe an hvac guy? just wondering. btw i like the tip!

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
lol no im a correctional officer haha, i had gone to get a piece of vent piping and saw the flex peice and thought i would try it, and when i was a kid i remembered having the foil tape so i figured i would get some to give a little flair plus used it on the pipe i put into the garage

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Foil tape beats duct tape hands down. However keep the roll handy, after a week or so especially up north, it will get a cloudy appearance due to the exhaust, road grime, weather ect. I think I would have saved the money up and did it the right way. According to the Redneck shade tree mechanics manual they say it all starts by using duct tape and foil tape and before you know it your stealing your ole ladies panty hose to make a serpentine belt and her "I'm with stupid" t-shirts to enhance your seat covers and using her bra on the rear view mirror to hold your cassette tapes and sunglasses

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Interesting, thats a good idea.. I did the same but I stopped at the blacked out tailpipe. I'm going to stop there because having a blacked out tailpipe matches nicely with my smoked tailights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian

Latest posts