High Temps 2011 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is TYC the OE supplier for GM? I seem to remember seeing TYC parts on my truck somewhere before.

I really don't know.. I can't see any info on my current aftermarket 7/7 set up Nor
can I see any info on the new TYC fan set up. Bought the truck with poorly repaired front
end damage.

OP
OP
Klewis

Klewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update:

I purchased a used K5L 700w cooling fan from eBay. When it arrived I couldn’t tell by looking at it that it was different from my current fan. Oddly enough the fan that was on my Yukon Denali was a Bosch fan. I’m guessing it was an after market addition. The 700w fan is two 5 blade fans. After installing the fan I waited for it to switch to high. When it did it was pulling a lot of air. I’ve noticed my trans temps even about 10 degrees cooler. Now I’m waiting for the bracket kit to install the tru-cool max. Thanks for the advice!

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you have the same ones as I do, the top of the shroud has the numbers 20923004 and I had similar results when I installed mine. For some reason, my 09 L9H had from factory 5/7 rimmed 500w. Those fans don't seem to flow anywhere near what the dual 5 blade rimless 700w, although they are a bit louder. I am glad you finally got this sorted out :)

OP
OP
Klewis

Klewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you have the same ones as I do, the top of the shroud has the numbers 20923004 and I had similar results when I installed mine. For some reason, my 09 L9H had from factory 5/7 rimmed 500w. Those fans don't seem to flow anywhere near what the dual 5 blade rimless 700w, although they are a bit louder. I am glad you finally got this sorted out :)

UPDATE

Tru-cool Max installed. Took awhile to get the bracket kit I purchased figured out. The pre-drilled holes were off and had to re-drill one. But looks great!! Hoping no leaks in the line .

When drilling the hole on the bracket I pushed too hard and popped through the metal and into the AC Condenser!!

Drove down to store and bought a new one and installing it tonight . Hopefully ends up good and no leaks!!

E69185DD-2535-4F9D-B632-9B32DCE582F9.jpeg

Reaction score
I know it's too late, but maybe will help for anyone planning on doing this in the future, Put a block of wood or piece of sheet metal or something behind whatever you need to drill to keep the bit from going into the condenser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove