High Temps 2011 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's really weird. In that ebay listing it shows under the apps that
the 7/9 blade is "without enhanced cooling" option for some Yukons and Eskys,
including my 2014

I'm waiting on TYC to contact me back with info regarding Fan 622210 as
to if it's supposed to be a 7/7 blade or a 7/9 blade.. I ordered it from amazon
and what I got is a 7/7 blade.. I don't know how to check to see if it has
the 700 or 500 watt motors
All their pics, etc show it's a 7/9 blade
So still waiting .....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really weird. In that ebay listing it shows under the apps that
the 7/9 blade is "without enhanced cooling" option for some Yukons and Eskys,
including my 2014

I'm waiting on TYC to contact me back with info regarding Fan 622210 as
to if it's supposed to be a 7/7 blade or a 7/9 blade.. I ordered it from amazon
and what I got is a 7/7 blade.. I don't know how to check to see if it has
the 700 or 500 watt motors
All their pics, etc show it's a 7/9 blade
So still waiting .....
I think they have it listed wrong, at any rate here is one for $72 free ship and they show the vehicle it came out of and the rpo code k5l is present
7/9 blade 700w https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2014-...Hummer&hash=item365bb8ef7e:g:3p4AAOSwDudeIJZP

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the thing is it will fit and work regardless if you have the enhanced cooling package or not, it fits all nnbs

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the thing is it will fit and work regardless if you have the enhanced cooling package or not, it fits all nnbs

Yes, They all mount up and plug in just fine.. I just want the "best" cooling fan
I can possibly get as I'll be towing a lot in hot climate and my heat exchanger for the
supercharger will undoubtedly block some fresh air to Radiator.. I did put in a Mishimoto
radiator , but I haven't noticed any trans or engine temp drops with it.
I haven't towed yet either this year

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always go this route, this is what I have on my 09 Tahoe.
Screenshot_20200507-184359_Chrome.jpg

These will work on any year up to 2014.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, They all mount up and plug in just fine.. I just want the "best" cooling fan
I can possibly get as I'll be towing a lot in hot climate and my heat exchanger for the
supercharger will undoubtedly block some fresh air to Radiator.. I did put in a Mishimoto
radiator , but I haven't noticed any trans or engine temp drops with it.
I haven't towed yet either this year
I bought a used one like I linked last and then bought new oem 700w motors for it from rockauto just to be on the safe side, still a bargain, the shroud alone new from the dealer is like $400 with no motors or fans, read about too many failures on the aftermarket fans seems that some start to fail after about a year when the warranty period expires, there are some name brand fans out there that get better reviews but they are pricey like the universal fan kits, it gets hot here in California and I tend to drive like a doberman is about to chew my ass so oem it is.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read some of the reviews on the mishimoto radiator and people are reporting they are not seeing temperature drops, but a radiator is not designed to drop the temperature for the engine, it is designed to cool and the thermostat does the temperature controlling (so temperature should go up to specification and then remain stagnant), under heavy use the mishimoto should keep the coolant low enough to prevent any overheating of the engine. I use a separate tru-cool for the transmission that runs parallel with the tiny part of the coolant radiator designated for transmission cooling, before I added that and a deep transmission pan my trans temps would be 220-230 just driving, (my driving is not normal), now my trans temps are average about 135, it may go up to 165 if I am being aggressive, highest I have gotten it to get was 180 in 100+deg weather beating on it (i.e. very fast stop-n-go). even the newer silverado I have would hit 220-230 they started putting 180deg thermostat's in the 6l80e's around 2015 I think, I bypassed that and put in the tru-cool and now it sits around 135 just like the yukon, I haven't put the deep pan on it yet, the deep pan doesn't seem to do much for cooling but it does add a extra 2qt fluid capacity which helps with at least a little cooling and fluid breakdown.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, to update:
I got word back from tyc that my fan is supposed to be a 7/9 blade.. The first email I got said to ship it to them for
inspection.. I agreed to that.. then they responded to just return it to where you bought it from.
Ok , so this sucks. even the sticker w date/serial/ part # is all correct ... but for some reason mine
is f'ing so special that it is 7/7 blade..
So I'll ship it back and reorder another one and "hope" it is built correctly... What a PITA
I'm disappointed with TYC for sure

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, to update:
I got word back from tyc that my fan is supposed to be a 7/9 blade.. The first email I got said to ship it to them for
inspection.. I agreed to that.. then they responded to just return it to where you bought it from.
Ok , so this sucks. even the sticker w date/serial/ part # is all correct ... but for some reason mine
is f'ing so special that it is 7/7 blade..
So I'll ship it back and reorder another one and "hope" it is built correctly... What a PITA
I'm disappointed with TYC for sure

Is TYC the OE supplier for GM? I seem to remember seeing TYC parts on my truck somewhere before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts