HID problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update for me: (sorry if this is thread jacking but its related)

so i previously mentioned that my driver side HID would go out right after i turn on the truck. I dont have the harness and this has happened to 07artic as well, who does have the harness. Well this evening i turn on the truck, bam, the light goes out, nothing new, so turn off then back on and i drive to a friends house, all working fine. Decide to leave bout 6 or 7 hours later, turn on the truck, get out to see what the light was doing, and it stayed on! so i stood there for a minute to see if it would flicker out and it didnt, no problems the whole way home! weird i know! i dunno this stuff is driving me crazy, the lights going out, staying on, not knowing what to do. wish i knew...

Black Beast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hay UofMZ71,

I have exactly the same issue, started last 2 weeks and till now cant find y this happended :( i need to turn off the lights 6 to 10 times for the passenger light comes back on. hope any one can help

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Hearing all this makes me not want to purchase HID's at all. I think I might stick with halogens.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hay UofMZ71,

I have exactly the same issue, started last 2 weeks and till now cant find y this happended :( i need to turn off the lights 6 to 10 times for the passenger light comes back on. hope any one can help

wow 6 to 10 times is alot, you may actually have a bad bulb or ballast problem. when i turn my off its only once and they work fine.

Hearing all this makes me not want to purchase HID's at all. I think I might stick with halogens.

haha i hear you, seems like a lot of problems with the HIDs, but to be honest i think the positive out weighs the negative

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
When you install a relay or wiring harness, do you have to do one for the fogs too?

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont believe so, but again probably couldnt hurt. I think for 35 watt only headlights could use a harness, but i could be wrong as i thought no harness was needed until now. haha. The only thing with 2 harnesses is all the wiring youll have to hide or find a place for, and not to mention it all going to the battery, might look clustered. im about to call ddm and see what they say

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with DDM Tuning. He said that I should have no issues with an NNBS Tahoe with a 35 watt kit. He did mention that if you turn off your headlights everytime, then I would not have issues either on start up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93