HID kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04silverL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the site, been looking for a while, great site.

Im looking at getting HID's for my 2009 Tahoe. Ive been looking at the DDM kit at 4500K. If you have the DDM, what do you think. I was wondering what brand you guys recommend. Also, what is the difference between the 35W and 55W. Also what size are our headlights, high/lo and the fog size. Thanks for the help. If anyone has pics please post up.

Simon

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Get the DDm 4500k (pure white color) in 35k or 55k (about 30% brighter), whichever you like.
Then get two relays to wire them, you need the H11 bulb size for you headlights and 5202/H16 for your fogs.
BTW this question has been covered alot :Handshake:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ moderators should sticky those threads. I guess no one searches any more and these questions get asked over and over. Now I see why the 'old timers' on this site do not respond any more.

OP
OP

04silverL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Modded. Why do I need to get the relays?

Do I need to buy two kits for the high and low beam? Or will one kit cover it?

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
You need to get the relays for a variety of reasons stated all over these boards...lol. Just go with it, man. ;)

I've had several DDM kits over the last 5 years in a couple different vehicles and never had an issue, so I'll keep recommending them. They also have some of the best prices around.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Thanks Modded. Why do I need to get the relays?

Do I need to buy two kits for the high and low beam? Or will one kit cover it?

Two kits? Yes. They only include two bulbs and two ballasts, and since you sound like you want four, you would need two kits. Two relay harnesses as well, as each is good for 1 pair of lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM