HID issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Ok I have had HID's in my truck since I bought it back in 2008. Just a few weeks ago I noticed my passenger side bulb look like it was turning another color. So I thought the bulb was about to go so I ordered new bulbs. The next day it went out. So I got the bulbs in and replaced it and that didn't work so I thought it was the ballast. So I ordered a new kit go that in and still didnt' work. Just the passenger side. So I started checking connections and everything looks good. Finnally got out the manual and found that the fuse blew for the passenger side low. Replaced that and it works. But then yesterday same side went out again. So I checked fuse again and it wasn't blowen so thought it was the bulb replaced it again and still nothing and replaced the ballast with old ballast and then blew the fuse again. Anyone got a clue what might be going on? Only thing I can think now is I have a ground issue somewhere.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
If you don't have a relay harness go ahead and go get one. Running them w/o it us causing electrical issues and is almost a must you get them if you want them to work properly for a long time.

OP
OP
GalaxyBlackEsky

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
yeah I guess that is my next option.. just haven't needed till now i guess. Never had any issues before. Anyone know a good place to get them?

Baker1k

Reaction score
I had a ballast on our old gto do the same thing the ballast body shorted out. As long as it wasn't touching metal it would work, soon as I would mount it put and turn them on it would arch and pop the fuse. I ended up just mounting it to the top of the battery with double sided tape till I got a new one and it worked fine that way.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spencerhids.com, $15 shipped USPS

Why when I add it to my cart is $30 international shipping the only shipping option??

My DDM's 5000k lows should be here soon, I'm debating on whether or not to go ahead and throw them in or wait for a relay harness...don't really want to wait for a DDM one to come from China...

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a ballast on our old gto do the same thing the ballast body shorted out. As long as it wasn't touching metal it would work, soon as I would mount it put and turn them on it would arch and pop the fuse. I ended up just mounting it to the top of the battery with double sided tape till I got a new one and it worked fine that way.

That's awesome..an arcing issue and you mount it on the battery?

OP
OP
GalaxyBlackEsky

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Well for the shit of it. I got more fuses yesterday and and also ordered the relay kit. But I just swapped out ballast with old one again and it works no issues so far. So who the hell knows. Well once I get the relay I will put that in as well as my 25w HID fog kit.

Baker1k

Reaction score
Lol do you think it is goin to grow another 6" more so it can touch positive and negative at the same time?? It was on the side and the double sided tape kept it off the battery. Like I said it was just till the new one came in. It was on a gto not a Tahoe or Yukon there is no room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts