Hid color different or same??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gron86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
like the title says, what does everyone think? Do the HID lights look the same or is one slightly different? (Talking about color temp.)
Thanks

54A4CC86-964B-43F3-B1D9-6B97AF21F039.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from a photo they look they same, but photos of lights don't really show the full spectrum, its best to check by the eyeball at night from a slight distance. like park in the street at night turn them on and walk ahead about 50-60 feet and then turn around and look at them

OP
OP
G

Gron86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
from a photo they look they same, but photos of lights don't really show the full spectrum, its best to check by the eyeball at night from a slight distance. like park in the street at night turn them on and walk ahead about 50-60 feet and then turn around and look at them

Thanks, is it normal for hid lights to be slightly different colors? I also think the projector affects the light spectrum from different angles.
Looking at them straight on at night the color is almost identical.

However if the Truck is moving (looking from another car in front though mirror) the light on the passenger side seems to shift color and looks less bright.
But like I said looking at it straight ahead with naked eye. Lights look almost identical.

OP
OP
G

Gron86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To me, the dtiver side looks whiter.

Yes that’s what I see too. At certain angles at night.
I’m going to try to get the pass side lamp replaced under warranty.
But at this point I might as well replace them both.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had some projectors do that before which is part of the reason I don't like them, from one angle they will look the same and from another angle be different

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
like the title says, what does everyone think? Do the HID lights look the same or is one slightly different? (Talking about color temp.)
Thanks

View attachment 195035
Hello. In my opinion you have the same color in both sides. Nice white and bright .Sometimes while driving you may think and sometimes you really know because you can see one side seems brighter than other and sometimes is the way of the bulbs has been located(inserted) I have some customers that they have purchased out bulbs because the ones they had previously from other cup pliers where giving them this same type of issue., and we have find out is the way the bulb locks in place., if you want you can check on that and see if it fix the problem., if not I will recommend you to get a different kit or probably just trying to se wit it is licked all they way fix it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Gron86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. In my opinion you have the same color in both sides. Nice white and bright .Sometimes while driving you may think and sometimes you really know because you can see one side seems brighter than other and sometimes is the way of the bulbs has been located(inserted) I have some customers that they have purchased out bulbs because the ones they had previously from other cup pliers where giving them this same type of issue., and we have find out is the way the bulb locks in place., if you want you can check on that and see if it fix the problem., if not I will recommend you to get a different kit or probably just trying to se wit it is licked all they way fix it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never thought of bulb placement, , I will look into that.
These are oem hid bulbs that come standard on the Yukon Denali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts