Hi from New Zealand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
97YukonNZ

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allgoods [emoji109]
Love the jet pack [emoji573][emoji437][emoji341]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OP
OP
97YukonNZ

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
The bottom picture is our last house in Huntsbury(drone shot)
Helped my father build it in 1992,family lived there for 25 years.
Was gifted to us as part of a living will.We lived there for couple of years and just as we were making it our own another property came to our notice and we couldn't pass it up so we got it ready for sale and moved it on to a new family.

The canoe pics are what the wife and I did on my 50th. We decided to do the Avon river by kayak.

Starting from Mona Vale in Fendalton we kayaked down river for 2 hours through Christchurchs Botanic gardens into the central city. Visited a bar for lunch and enjoyed a beverage or 2 before embarking on the rest of the voyage downstream.
Great day out!

The 1st pic is a view of the river from our porch/living room on a winter's morning.

OP
OP
97YukonNZ

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Tonyrodz for posting these pics for me. Was having a Newb moment.

The bottom picture is from the view from the front of the family beach house in Le bons bay on Banks Peninsula.

In 1939 My Grandfather and his brother and couple of brother in laws sailed round from Lyttelton harbour to Le bons in a launch,then rowed a longboat into the beach where they met Ned O'Conner who was subdividing the beachfront of his farm for return servicemen WW1/ WW2
My parents have made it there home and wake up to this view every morning.

The above shots are from July, the 2nd month of our winter. Weather was so good we decided to ride pre dawn to our favorite Sunday morning breakfast spot in Sumner on the beach on a couple of 40 year old New Zealand made bmx's that I rebuilt.

We couldn't believe how beautiful the morning was and the sunrise was Epic!!
These shots from my or wife's cell phones.

The reflection from the water in some shots were mesmerizing!

Just wanted to share some of the place we love.. Home

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat