Hi all! Thinking about getting a 2019 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am currently in the market for a large SUV with primary purpose of towing a 7,000 boat. I currently have a 2006 toyota 4 runner and tow a 5000 boat. The 4runner is maxed out and of course I am always looking for a bigger boat.

I have been a Toyota guy forever and am also considering the Sequoia.

What are your guys thoughts on a 2019 Tahoe pulling a 6000 boat, experience on slippery ramps etc. I'll be looking at 4X4 only.

Also - how is reliability on the Tahoes? I am about to hand my 4runner down to my boys as their vehicle, could I get 14 years out of a tahoe if I take good care of it?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am currently in the market for a large SUV with primary purpose of towing a 7,000 boat. I currently have a 2006 toyota 4 runner and tow a 5000 boat. The 4runner is maxed out and of course I am always looking for a bigger boat.

I have been a Toyota guy forever and am also considering the Sequoia.

What are your guys thoughts on a 2019 Tahoe pulling a 6000 boat, experience on slippery ramps etc. I'll be looking at 4X4 only.

Also - how is reliability on the Tahoes? I am about to hand my 4runner down to my boys as their vehicle, could I get 14 years out of a tahoe if I take good care of it?

Welcome from Miami Beach Sebastian!

You might want to consider a 6.2 Yukon Denali for your towing. That is what I would do.

I have 2016 Tahoe LT and so far [ besides a/c condenser] just plain old regular maintenance. I am at 93K miles.

OP
OP
S

Sdfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good to hear on your reliability! The 6.2s are hard to find in 4x4! I will keep looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011