Here is my 2001 Suburban.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpareParts

Reaction score
Picked this up for a cool $2,500.
Needed a few things but nothing major.
I have changed the Oil, Filter, removed the running boards but still need to find mud flaps, New sparkalators, Fixed the broken ABS module
This weekend will be changing the Knock sensors and possibly the stock non Bose amp as it's not working and stereo sounds like cr*p.
20230909_160633.jpg20230909_160703.jpg

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf You actually tuned my White 1998 Suburban in person last year.
@ncalvo I would change the oil pressure sender now that you mentioned it but unfortunately i can not get a genuine GM sensor in town without ordering it. I have learned that sometimes the store brands are fine but for sensors GM is the only way to go. I also never considered the gaskets and O rings you mentioned but will certainly look at them when apart.
I also had to fix a oil leak from the oil cooler lines where they bolt to the block. After changing that gasket twice it turns out the round oil temp valve was loose and leaking not the gasket at all.

I have high fuel trims on the driver side bank and the old plugs were burning rich so hopefully new intake gaskets fixes that. O2 sensors seem to be working properly.
The exhaust is cobbled together cr*p for the most part from the cats back. I don't know if the cats are good bad or rodded out but i have no cat codes.
I also need to change the Antifreeze. The PO has mixed the orange with some green. That will take what 2 gallons? and a thorough flush.

I have only put about 100 miles on sense i got it. So far seems pretty solid and not abused. After changing the driver seat cover the interior is nearly perfect.
The passenger rear side door i will replace as last winter the PO slid into a tree.
I need new tires and im not a fan of the PYO wheels. New tires will need to be soonish though new wheels or not. Steering is tight. Shocks are weak and need replaced but man the autoride shocks are stupid expensive.
Headlights are all cloudy so i have ordered the new Ramjet headlights. Look awesome!

I suppose the worst thing with it is the rear main is slightly leaking. Not bad enough to fix yet but i will need to watch it.

No real plan on what to do with it yet other than drive it, fix what needs to be fixed and get the dam* radio fixed. A guy needs tunes!
I suppose in the next few months ill be turning a $2,500 truck into a $7,000 money pit
Before and after.
20230909_160750.jpg20230916_154353.jpg20230909_160726.jpg

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I've one like this color in 2006 2wd daily driver, and another 2004 in dark charcoal 4x4 (project truck.) PYO wheels are damn sexy!

I also have a 1999 NBS Silverado RCSB 2wd that I've owned since I was in college.

...so I'm partial to the GMT800s :) Extremely reliable and durable vehicles, even more on the 8 lug rigs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts