Here’s my Audio Setup, Let’s See Yours!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the pics and info, keep it coming if there is more! What is that behind the glove box door? A speaker?

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
That came with the Maestro wiring and apparently it’s the warning chime retention. I used heavy duty Velcro strips and put it up inside the dash and closed the glove box. After a year and a half it hast fallen down yet, so I think I’m good.

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
Hell yeah man keep up the good work install is clean and a nice little daily setup I like it. If I didn’t compete with mine I would probably have something similar just for listening pleasure and sound quality. And thanks @wjburken!

BobBuilder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 259607 Here’s the power cable coming from the battery to inside the Yukon. You have to take off the sill plate as well as the kick panel to be able to pull the carpet back far enough to drill through this location.

View attachment 259608

Super easy way to route the power. And then I can run the RCA separately on the other side to minimize sound interference. Not to mention I was having a hard time finding a way to run the RCA towards the passenger side (again, I don’t want the power and RCA run together just in case of sound interference) and I didn’t have to run the power across the engine bay.

Did you by chance video any of your install? I have a 2011 Tahoe ltz that I am about redo the audio in the truck for a second time but am replacing the factory amp this time and all the speakers and hopefully adding subs. Thank you in advance for answering.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Sorry Bob, no videos. The pictures I posted is all I have.

and awesome Moor! Is that a 15”?

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Looks great! What material did you use for the see through part?

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thick plexiglass. Wrapped in suede, although I'm thinking of redoing it :secret:

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Be interested to see what you cone up with next!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660