Classic GM Four Note Horn Addition to 2019 Yukon Ultimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CorvairGeek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got around to adding the 'C' and 'D' note horns to my 2019 Yukon. GM sold the four note horn option on Buicks and Cadillacs from the 60s through the 90s. The old Delco products horns had the note molded into them.

horn-notes-jpg.jpg

These were some single wire horns I added to another of our cars.

Got the assembly all wired up. Direct connection to the battery (w/fusible link) and a four wire relay with a 10 amp fuse on the output to the horns.
harness-jpg.jpg
I tucked them inside the front fender like GM used to do, with the opening always aimed downward. The Fiamm horns that they use now are next to the radiator and pointed strait ahead to pick contaminates. I pointed them downward when I added another connector to plug in the new relay to the existing horn assembly. GM just calls the Fiamms a high and low note. That used to be an A and F note on the Delco horns. It does have the classic 'train' sound with all of them now.

horn-pocket-jpg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk