Helper Bags and a DJM 3/5 kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danielgreig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to suspension and I am looking for some ideas. I have a 2004 Tahoe and just installed a DJM 3/5 kit that I purchased from Tony and I am getting ready to buy some "helper bags". I think I will go with the Airlift 60748's. I had the Air-Ride and the Auto-Level suspension and have converted to standard shocks front and rear with Tony's "Ultimate Cornering Package". What I am wondering is, since the Tahoe had the Auto-Level feature, is there a way to hook the Airlift bags up to the stock compressor and somehow use the stock leveling switch, or whatever was used originally, to auto level the back with the Airlift bags? I am not sure it is even possible but I am hoping for some insight or maybe someone on here has done this or knows somebody who has.

BTW...I will be posting before and after pics of the drop as soon as I can.

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a 2/3 kit on my Denali with those helper bags, because my shocks went out. I hooked up the compressor to a manual switch and hooked it to my bags. Worked good. Can't run that much air in them because they are made for the stock springs.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

I don't think there is a way to hook it up to your 3/5, and be easy. It works off a micro switch. Don't get me wrong, it's not imposible, just probably alot of work.

OP
OP
Danielgreig

Danielgreig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks 01yukon,
Do you know where the auto level switch or whatever is used to tell the compressor to lift the back is located or looks like?

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
There is no switch. The factory shocks have sensors that tell the truck when they compress past a certain point then the compressor kicks on to compensate for load to raise the rear