help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
my blower fan is not working at all from my control panel. i tested the fan it is functioning, i checked all the fuses and relay and they are fine, so i replaced the blower motor control module and it still does not work. can anyone help me figure this out is there something i am missing. thanks in advance

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you replace the control panel itself? Have you disco'd the battery long enough to reset everything?

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
no and no, the control appears to work all the functions work on the screen anyway so i just assumed its still good, and i am going to try disconnecting the battery now and trying that

CTown LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the 40A fuse in the top row of fuse panel under hood? Somehow I missed that one. Mine blew when the fan module failed. Did you have to 're-wire the connections on the new module? Apparently they are on the third 're-engineer of this part.

Last edited:

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By control module do you mean blower motor resistor? Very common on our year trucks.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

CTown LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two different setups in those trucks. A blower resistor module which has a heat sink and a blower resistor with the exposed circuit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
so the 40amp fuse was blown, i was estatic to think simple fix but after replacing that still does not work!

There are two different setups in those trucks. A blower resistor module which has a heat sink and a blower resistor with the exposed circuit.

i replaced the module with the fins on it

i disconnected the battery that didnt do anything

while driving i get air movement through the vents i changed all the setting(defrost, vent and floor) all worked and i adjusted the heat and that worked too just no fan turning on to push the air

i am more lost than ever, i am going to try putting the old module back in hoping that the one i bought was faulty and that the fuse was the problem but i know that wont be the case i am just hopeful, can anyone think of anything else

thanks

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
Great news!!!! it works again, i pulled the controls out and when i put them back on i saw them reset, i guess its called logic lock, so once it reset the fan started blowing

THANKS for all the help and suggestions!