Help with some audio questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumbum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've recently picked up an 05 hoe, and want to install a double din touch screen with blue tooth, Apple play, and satellite radio. However, I'm not really savvy at installing or requirements for installing a stereo head. Could anyone help me out with what all I would need if I were to take the project on myself?

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
metraonline.com is a good resource for whats needed for aftermarket audio integration. 8

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second the suggestion from 2010gmcyukon for Crutchfield as a source for aftermarket audio equipment.

Crutchfield has a built-in vehicle compatibility matrix, so if Crutchfield says that it is compatible with your vehicle, you can be confident that it will be. They can also help you out by letting you know what else you may need, like a steering wheel controls interface unit or a wiring plug set adapter, so that you get all of the required components that you need, in order to have a successful upgrade.

I would also recommend that you plan out your full audio system upgrade, component by component, as you don't have to upgrade everything at the same time. However, you want to make sure that what you upgrade on today's budget, will still/also be compatible with any future upgrades, when the future additional budget allows.

I have had great luck with Kenwood head units in a number of vehicles, including my 2007 Yukon XL Denali. Kenwood makes several head unit models at various price points.

Good luck on your audio system upgrade!

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to need a harness adapter (i never recommend cutting off the factory plug), steering wheel control interface (there are a couple different options for this. Some keep OnStar and chimes, some don't) a dash trim kit, and an antenna adapter. If you want satellite radio, you'll need a SXV300 tuner for most radios. Like everyone else said, Crutchfield is pretty good.

I second @Joseph Garcia on the Kenwood headunits. I've had several and they have all been great. I recently put a DMX906S in my Tahoe with wireless carplay and android auto.

OP
OP
sumbum

sumbum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157