Help with Pioneer install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bossy70

Reaction score
I have a Pioneer AVS-X8500BHS I want to install in my 2010 Tahoe (without Bose).

I don't use/pay for Onstar or satellite radio.
I do want to use my steering wheel controls and possibly factory Bluetooth control/microphone.

Just wondering what adapters, harnesses, and dash kit I should purchase before trying this install, the websites are pretty confusing about which to use.

What I have:
-Pioneer AVS-X8500BHS DVD Head Unit
-Pioneer ND-BC6 Rear View Camera
-Pioneer CD-IH202 iPhone HDMI/USB interface
-Pioneer TS-A1685R 4way speakers
-Parking brake override (Microbypass)
-iPhone 5

Looking at:
-Metra 95-3305 vs Scosche GM1590AB or GM1598AB
-Axxess ASWC-1 for steering wheel control? vs PAC? or other brand
-correct Metra wiring harness #? vs PAC? or other brand
-Apple Lightning HDMI Adapter (is this a benefit over just using usb connection?)
-need a Chrysler antennae adapter?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bossy70

Reaction score
I ordered the following last night.

Metra 95-3305
Metra/Axxess GMOS-LAN-01
Metra/Axxess AWSC-1

OP
OP
B

Bossy70

Reaction score
I think the GMOS-LAN-01 works for non-amplified vehicles like mine where the GMOS-LAN-012 can be used for the with or without Bose system. I went with the cheaper of the two.

Haha. I have a Dremel for fitting the headunit if needbe... I saw another thread where it was necessary.

I went ahead and replaced two of the speakers and realized how stupid the factory spacer setup is. I hacked it up with the Dremel and used the factory spacers, although I did see you could buy some adapters from Scosche.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah well I love Metra's install/mounting kits and most of the wiring stuff except when it comes to GM vehicles. They have way too many part numbers and then have so many pieces and parts for them that it makes it a pain to install. I prefer either PAC or Maestro.

TahoeLT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gmos-lan-012 will not work with bose (found out the hard way). I mean it would work, but will give you static/white noise as you need resistors along the line.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gmos-lan-012 will not work with bose (found out the hard way). I mean it would work, but will give you static/white noise as you need resistors along the line.

I have Bose and the GMOS-LAN-012 and there's no noise. Is it possible it was just that particular module? I've had mine for a couple years without issue

TahoeLT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bose comes with digital or analog amp options. It is identified by the code # located in the glove compartment. I got analog option and it made annoying static noise on low volume. Metra also suggested that gmos-012 will not work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700