Help with lowering kits..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TriFire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a 07 Yukon 4x4 on 22s and looking to lower my ride, the question is does Mcgaughys for example sacrifice ride comfort??

How to i find out if my Yukon has Autoride?? My Yukon is SLT does that qualify it as Autoride enabled?

I'm looking for 2/5 or 3/5 point lower, maybe you guys can help me decide.

Thanks

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Welcome man, the reason nobody answered you is because this question has been covered alot of times.
To know if you have Auoride kneel down and look at ther rear shocks, if their orange and black then you do, if not, then no.
Next lowering a 4x4 3/5 is pretty low, I don't even know if its possble but someone should chime in and tell you.
A 2/3 drop is possible with spidles up front and coils/s-extenders out back for the best ride. Tim the McGaughy vendor on here can get you for the best price brand new, justmessage him and ask.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ive done many with belltech or djm also and they ride great. Sold many kits on here also no complaints.

OP
OP
T

TriFire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome man, the reason nobody answered you is because this question has been covered alot of times.
To know if you have Auoride kneel down and look at ther rear shocks, if their orange and black then you do, if not, then no.
Next lowering a 4x4 3/5 is pretty low, I don't even know if its possble but someone should chime in and tell you.
A 2/3 drop is possible with spidles up front and coils/s-extenders out back for the best ride. Tim the McGaughy vendor on here can get you for the best price brand new, justmessage him and ask.

Thanks Nnaboy, i checked the rear shocks there not orange but red so that's not autoride correct?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You know, now I'm not excatly sure. The older Tahoes like my 07 have a blue and black shock, but GM could have easily changed the color to red and black. But normally the Autoride shocks are orange and black but that could have been changed too though I doubt it.
It doesnt matter though, plenty of people have used spindles up front and coils out back with extenders to be dropped with Autoride with no issues.
You also could take your truck to the dealership and have them check if you have Autoride to be sure there were no color changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparkybuilt63