2002 Yukon Denali - Arnott Air Spring to Coil Spring Conversion Kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20230204_161354.jpg

Hello,
I bought this '02 GMC Yukon Denali ~3 months ago, has about 155k miles on it. Was pretty solid, seemed like it sat for a while as an extra car. Had noisy belt, so right away I did oil change and upper serp belt & tensioner. Mostly work from home these days and this is my local work run around driver so it hasn't seen many miles. Just took it on a road trip up the CA coast into OR. I noticed over some mountains that the suspension (not steering) felt a bit loose and was transferring weight poorly in big sweeping turns. Got back into town and brought by the mechanic shop that I used to work at (classic car/resto shop) since I don't have a home shop/lift. Water pump needed to be done so I had them do that, t-stat, lower serp belt & tensioner, cabin filters, and give the whole thing a good look over / inspection. Sure enough the rear shocks are both blown. Looking into replacement parts for future repair and came across the Arnott kits to convert over to regular suspension. It looks like the two kits for my truck are C-2666 or C-3182. Does anybody have experience with these kits? Is there enough of a difference in ride quality to go with the kit that has Eibach components for ~double the cost? Any input appreciated, thanks!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched my GMT 900 to Arnott a while back and could kick myself in the stones if it were possible. Others may chime in with better results. My factory shocks lasted 13 years so why I decided to go cheap is beyond me.

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1685730750036.png

I did a 2000 Yukon, too, before these two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons