Help with dropped suburban rear too soft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_E_O_P_L_E_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 2019 suburban with no auto/mag ride. I installed the belltech 1019 kit with spindles. I ended up getting street performance front and rear shocks which bright it to where I wanted at about a 3 / 4ish drop. Fast forward a year or more and the rear keeps settling more and more it seems. I added the 1” spacer which was later removed then installed again as it settled. Now I have a 3/4” spacer in there and I like the look. The issue I’m dealing with now is that when I have my kids in the car, full tank of gas and some groceries the rear squats way too much to where the tires (24x9 on 305s). I can feel the rear bottom out on small speed bumps and some road conditions. I added bags to the springs but they make noise when there’s no load in the car and hate having to air them up and down so often. I have the shock extenders in the rear and am thinking about removing those but don’t think that will help with the soft springs. Anyone know of any springs that are stiffer than the belltech springs that come in this kit?? I did the free travel mod too.A94BD479-910F-4788-9007-27063CF1AD0A.jpeg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with a soft ride but it happened when I installed Arnott shocks in the rear. Have you thought about a taller spring? I’d think the longer the rig, yours vs a tahoe, the more sag you’ll get. I’m not sure if they make a different spring for the longer vehicle.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking burb...

I'm running eibach pro coils on mine, settled in a day of driving, hasn't moved a lick in months, I was hoping for 1/2-1" lower honestly but Ill take what I got, rides great, the coils are progressive style coils so it helps handle the weight better. I tow with just the factory air shocks without issue. The shocks dont really run much anymore either, I can reach down and the bellows are pretty soft so I think Im on coils 99% of the time daily driving without trailer.

My suggestion is the shocks are breaking in and getting soft, you need something to control better, KYB gas adjust is my recommendation. The bilsteins are ok, but I tend to like the kYB better for some reason. Just seems better control on lowered vehicles due to their valving.

BURB12.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts