Help with Aftermarket Pioneer with OEM GPS Fin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacWarrior

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I want to use my factory OEM Fin GPS (& OnStar) with my Pioneer AVIC-8500 but I can't find any info if it's possible and, if it is possible, any adapter information. I have already found the information for the SiriusXM antenna. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

MacWarrior

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Prob doesn’t help much but I didn’t find any info on the same subject when I did my swap.

However I found it’s not uncommon for people to stick the pioneer antenna to the top of the head unit inside the dash. Never had signal issues in the mountains like I did with the old gps units either.
Avic 8100

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to use the oem satellite fin with my pioneer and it would not get a signal, so the pioneer sat antenna went up right next to the sun sensor there is a nice spot that it fits perfect on to the left of the sun sensor, the xm antenna fit up in the front left in another flat spot almost right in front of the cluster, everything works perfect.

OP
OP
M

MacWarrior

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried to use the oem satellite fin with my pioneer and it would not get a signal, so the pioneer sat antenna went up right next to the sun sensor there is a nice spot that it fits perfect on to the left of the sun sensor, the xm antenna fit up in the front left in another flat spot almost right in front of the cluster, everything works perfect.

I did put one next to the sun sensor also about 3 years ago but I was going to move it to my wife's Impala and just use the fin to make it easier plus utilize the OEM equipment that's already there. I already have the adapter to work with the XM unit. Curious though on why the idatalink Maestro can retain OnStar function but not the GPS portion. I also found the adapter to use with the OEM mic for OnStar and phone calls.

OP
OP
M

MacWarrior

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

What did you do to try to use the oem gps fin with your pioneer?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you do to try to use the oem gps fin with your pioneer?
ya I trimmed the plastic around the oem connector so it would fit the pioneer nav gps connector (because the terminal is the same) and it never picked up any signal, no big deal though the pioneer gps antenna fit perfect right next to the sun sensor under the dash

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did put one next to the sun sensor also about 3 years ago but I was going to move it to my wife's Impala and just use the fin to make it easier plus utilize the OEM equipment that's already there. I already have the adapter to work with the XM unit. Curious though on why the idatalink Maestro can retain OnStar function but not the GPS portion. I also found the adapter to use with the OEM mic for OnStar and phone calls.
the maestro is a universal combo d/a converter and processor it can do a lot of things it can interface with a aftermarket alarm and do all kinds of fancy stuff, ads can do custom programming those guys make the same module work with virtually all brands of vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts