help! white smoke all of a sudden this morning...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop driving it! You can do intake gaskets (best case scenario) for $300-$500, head gaskets (almost worse scenario) for $500-$700, or you can ruin the engine (worst case scenario) if you keep driving it and be looking at $1500-$2500.

Those prices are with a shop doing the work by the way.

Gotcha, this issue has got me piss off...to the highest of pisstivity! lol

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I understand, I've done the intake gaskets on my 92 twice.

Yea, im getting my wifes *ord out the transmission shop this week then Ill get mine rite, will prolly just get another motor with fewer miles as mine has 245k miles on it...but it doesnt leak or burn oil, and sounds like a sewing machine.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
just do the head gaskets up then. it is a $120 kick ass felpro kit and will do you and your engine good. but if you don't mind do a compression test first i would like to see your pressures before you start it for analysis.to see how far along the engine really is first.

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2 cents, at 245k is it worth putting a replacement motor in? Maybe find a different truck with lower miles all together? Unless you've replaces lots of parts on it and then it may be justified. How is the tranny?

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2 cents, at 245k is it worth putting a replacement motor in? Maybe find a different truck with lower miles all together? Unless you've replaces lots of parts on it and then it may be justified. How is the tranny?

I am thinking about that too, man I just hate starting over you know, I've been pondering about this all day and trying to weigh out the cost vs a new rig, wouldnt mind one the same year, loaded, and around 150k miles or less, maybe spend around 4k or less...wish me luck man...one thing I know for sure, if i do get another one it'll be a Yukon. As far as parts I put on, just a fuel pump & filter, plugs/wires/cap & rotor, oil/filter...just bought it for a couple thousand this past April...

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pay someone $2k to rebuild your Vortec right, using steel gaskets and aftermarket cams. Get that thing rebuilt by a machine shop using aftermarket parts and it'll be good to run for another 15 years if not longer.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop driving it! You can do intake gaskets (best case scenario) for $300-$500, head gaskets (almost worse scenario) for $500-$700, or you can ruin the engine (worst case scenario) if you keep driving it and be looking at $1500-$2500.

Those prices are with a shop doing the work by the way.

THIS^^^^^

Its been eating me alive reading this thread and seeing every post thst ur still dtiving it...

TapaTalk ROCKS!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA