Help..tell me whats normal please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished programming a new key fob for the 07 Tahoe. Everything seems to work just fine however I noticed the "lock light" or anti-theft light stays on for 30 seconds when I lock the truck via remote.

I dont know if this is normal because I never sit inside the truck while I use the remote functions.

I can get the "lock light" to turn off immediately by pressing the lock button twice on the remote.

Truck starts and runs.

Is this light normal?

Chevy_Security_Light_Amber.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished programming a new key fob for the 07 Tahoe. Everything seems to work just fine however I noticed the "lock light" or anti-theft light stays on for 30 seconds when I lock the truck via remote.

I dont know if this is normal because I never sit inside the truck while I use the remote functions.

I can get the "lock light" to turn off immediately by pressing the lock button twice on the remote.

Truck starts and runs.

Is this light normal?

View attachment 231851

My ‘13 does it as well.

Reaction score
Fob looks neat, but I don't like the squared/blocky edges. Prefer the rounded edges. Slips easier in/out of pocket.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14