HELP Tahoe loses power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Tahoe. Loses power while driving, even at high speeds on highway. I had the crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor both replaced and it is still losing power. It's almost if the battery is randomly being disconnected at times. I've checked the connections and the battery is less than a year old. Any ideas? GM dealership said it could be an ignition switch problem.

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the ECU check......after awhile capacitors start to leak out..:)

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be your fuel pump. Mine was on the way out and even going up a small hill it would down shift. Replaced it and have had no problems.

OP
OP
J

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By losing power I meant the whole car's electrical system shuts off. Like when a battery is disconnected.

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jpaeltz said:
By losing power I meant the whole car's electrical system shuts off. Like when a battery is disconnected.

Any luck figuring out what your problem could be? I just came across this issue today while driving down the highway, all I felt was the truck slow down and the rpms dropped to 1k. I'm going to look into it tomorrow when I get some free time.(I thought it could have been my subs pounding too hard and was draining my battery.)

omnicare

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hate to horn in a discussion but Can a fuel pump "start to go bad". I am being told that now by a mechanic. I had the pump replaced about three years ago when it just died suddenly but will it start to get bad intermittently?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909