Help Request with Carpet.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would any of you be so kind as to pull up a door sill and see if your factory carpet has a backing on it for me? And how thick it is? And is there any other type of insulation on the floor besides a carpet pad (jute)? By backing I'm talking about what would appear to be rubber (or mass loaded vinyl as it's called).

Reason I ask is that I'm slowly moving forward in my SSV to...lets call it LSV (an upscaled SSV) build. I kinda need to know just what type of sound insulation the floor has. I already know what to do with the doors and other areas. But I can't seem to find any good pics of the flooring. I'd rather avoid going to a used lot with a salesmen hovering over me and pulling plastic up. My wife's BFF has one but she's out of town and wouldn't know a door sill from a dipstick anyway.

Best case is that one of you already knows without pulling anything up. Thanks guys.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thanks. Is that a GMT900? Sure looks like there's some sort of backing on the carpet.

Yes it is... that was a pic posted by @91RS in a thread about running power wires for an amp mounted under the center console.

That pic is of the passenger side floor board where it meets the firewall.

The circled portion is where he drilled holes to run the wires through. I ran my wires in the same location but evidently didn't take pics.

OP
OP
BourbonNcigars

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is... that was a pic posted by @91RS in a thread about running power wires for an amp mounted under the center console.

That pic is of the passenger side floor board where it meets the firewall.

The circled portion is where he drilled holes to run the wires through. I ran my wires in the same location but evidently didn't take pics.
Many thanks. I think the color threw me off. Didn't recognize it as a 900 color but I guess so. Actually must be the same color as one I just test drove last week. Looks a different shade in the pic above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts