Help...Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crows feet

Reaction score
I have a 1995 Yukon,5.7 tb driving home running abought 60 loud pop almost like a back fire,quit running,,,,will turn over but wont fire up and run...been running fine, any help....I was thinking a timing chain????? but they hardly ever break...so any help is great.need idea of coast of T.C, replace also....thanks for what ever help I can get

TraumaTruck1

Reaction score
In 1995 did they still have a distributor? If so, pull the cap, check it, the rotor button, and see if you can turn the rotor button by hand. If it turns by hand you sheared the gear or broke the pin.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah usually when the timing chain breaks its a catastrophic engine failure
valves bend, pushrods crinkle and snap suffices to its very bad
kinda like the composer to an orchestra decidding to go have a smoke in the middle of a symphony

lemme ask you this what does it sound like when you try to turn the engine over

OP
OP
C

crows feet

Reaction score
sounds normal....not turning faster, as if no compression,,,,,guess take dis cap off sat,,onley time have free,,happy birthday to me tomorrow hugh>>>>>oh well shit happens.....shes been a very good girl 300.000 miles plus aint bad,,,,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n