HELP PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evabalre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning
I have a Tahoe, I have a doubt regarding the gearbox oil change. It is the 2ML70 2-MODE HYBRID model.
Can someone tell me if the engine should be turned on or not to check the levels please? thanks in advance
Mathieu

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good morning
I have a Tahoe, I have a doubt regarding the gearbox oil change. It is the 2ML70 2-MODE HYBRID model.
Can someone tell me if the engine should be turned on or not to check the levels please? thanks in advance
Mathieu

Tell us the year of the hybrid and we'll move this to the correct forum.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning
Mathieu

you check it the same as a normal auto tranny.. up to temp, idling on a level ground..

just my 2 cents, if you're not sure it's had a fluid change before.. it's worth changing the fluid and the 2 filters.. good trannys but not a Lotta good luck getting them rebuild these days. it's worth the money to change it out. I'd have to look at the owners manual again but I believe it's around 80-100k.

standard dexton 6 fluid. but 13qt. so get ready with a big pan or it makes a mess. there's a nice drain plug in the pan, reusable gasket and the pan comes off without messing with the exhaust, but you will have to remove the small aux pump in the front.. it's 2 small bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts