Help Needed - B1000 Symptom 35 Trouble Code - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reset is akin to self test module, but the Idea is to check the communication bus BETWEEN modules. Depends on your scanner as to terminology. An error in programming one module may not show exactly in that module initially, but will show due to error checking between modules. Does this make sense to you? To go with above post by me- if non factory programming done sometimes somewhere there is a minor error and if we aren't code writers we are at the mercy of the programmers software. But you now have the tools to find it. Once you find it a repair is possible. Factory manual diagnostics is a must or you may miss a key clue. ( a recent one for me was a 2 blink on anti theft light while testing. not really covered anywhere, but gave me the module needing help, all modules passed self tests,programming looked correct without going line by line thru code. Reprogrammed that module to factory). That one took 2 extra hours because I disregarded the 2 blink as a fault. Error codes did show but all tests came back good. Computers suck when everything is done to lowest bidder specs. Go ahead and scan to your hearts content, to gain a little feel for navigating. Back up everything every time. Then you can review them for differences if needed.
I think you are little off base here, you can't rewrite or even view or monitor the code on a gm module without some kind of aftermarket interface and computer hardware/software, the tech2 is not going to do that and you need to be familiar with whatever software gm use's (probably custom in-house) that is a deep dive beyond what the tech2 is capable of.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roundabout way of getting to it (the problem). The advice above is for generic- so far my experience is even operating system on laptop has an effect on capabilities. Each a little different on same vehicle but still funtional, with some doing more than others.(none dead, just more detail.) My current testing is with linux/wine/win 8. I have run windows xp-w10 connected to vcx or just thru obd plug.. My experience is the laptop will show, may not write/rewrite code, but will install a factory file. Thats why I wrote the above, so that even if you cannot read the code or the step by step programming, there is a way to repair the errors introduced by aftermarket programmers. IF you can find it. Reflash is a study unto itself. I was referring more to the available data and the CLUES given by the diagnostic tools we have. The older these get, the more likely someone was in there reflashing. I have not worked on a 2007 denali. Just wanted to let him know there are options to explore, and not give up your wallet to a just good enough programmer. More stuff to learn. Tech2 /vcx/candi will self test modules. I wish Right to Repair had more teeth, so that the code was open source. As it is, more resources expended keeping you OUT than making it work.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roundabout way of getting to it (the problem). The advice above is for generic- so far my experience is even operating system on laptop has an effect on capabilities. Each a little different on same vehicle but still funtional, with some doing more than others.(none dead, just more detail.) My current testing is with linux/wine/win 8. I have run windows xp-w10 connected to vcx or just thru obd plug.. My experience is the laptop will show, may not write/rewrite code, but will install a factory file. Thats why I wrote the above, so that even if you cannot read the code or the step by step programming, there is a way to repair the errors introduced by aftermarket programmers. IF you can find it. Reflash is a study unto itself. I was referring more to the available data and the CLUES given by the diagnostic tools we have. The older these get, the more likely someone was in there reflashing. I have not worked on a 2007 denali. Just wanted to let him know there are options to explore, and not give up your wallet to a just good enough programmer. More stuff to learn. Tech2 /vcx/candi will self test modules. I wish Right to Repair had more teeth, so that the code was open source. As it is, more resources expended keeping you OUT than making it work.
The reason they keep people locked out is 1. proprietary rights. 2. safety so that some idiot doesn't go in there and figure out a way to kill themselves or others.

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've obtained my ACDelco TDS subscription, and my serial port to usb port adapter. I need some guidance on how to proceed.

From @swathdiver :

1. At the truck, go into SPS and it will download the truck's specifications into the Tech-2. (Completed)
2. Go to the house computer and logon on to TDS and then connect the Tech-2 when it tells you to which then gives you access to all the modules. (Logged onto TDS, but it does not tell me to connect the Tech 2, so I am now at a standstill on what to do next. So, I went ahead and connected the Tech 2, but nothing seems to be happening.)
3. Select the modules to be programmed and then they will download to the Tech-2 (where and how?).
4. Disconnect from the PC, go back to the truck and into SPS and it will update the modules.

I honestly do not know specifically how I should be navigating this TDS site.

After logging in, I see options for Subscriptions, Keycodes, My Orders, Store, and Resources, and it appears to default to Subscriptions. I see that I have an active subscription for Vehicle Programming Software. If I select View, I get a pop-up Window called VIN Subscriptions, and I select Add VIN. A new Window opens, and it tells me that I have unread news, and I select OK. A new Window opens with the tabs, Home, SPS, Security, SPS Info, Utility. It defaults to the Home tab, and listed below it are 3 options Service Programming System, Security Access, Calibration Information.

I select Service Programming System, and the Window moves to the SPS tab, and I select Start SPS, and it prompts me to download a file, and I download the file to my PC. I don't know what I am supposed to do with this file.

I select the SPS Info tab, and I enter my VIN number and select Get CAL ID. A Window opens with a drop down menu with the different controllers for the truck. In the drop down menu, I select BCM Body Control Module - Programming, and I select Next.

I get another drop down menu, presumably for the BCM, and it contains selectable options Operating System, System, Charging/Energy Storage, Interior/Exterior Lighting, Wiper Control, Locking (in red font), Theft Deterrent Alarm, HVAC Control, Powertrain Control, Chassis Control, Driveline. It appears that I can select only one at a time, but I do not know what to select for my specific B1000 DTC. So, I select Operating System, and select Next, and nothing happens. I repeat this for all of the listed options in the drop down menu, and nothing happens for any of them.

I'm lost.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've obtained my ACDelco TDS subscription, and my serial port to usb port adapter. I need some guidance on how to proceed.

From Swathdiver:

1. At the truck, go into SPS and it will download the truck's specifications into the Tech-2. (Completed)
2. Go to the house computer and logon on to TDS and then connect the Tech-2 when it tells you to which then gives you access to all the modules. (Logged onto TDS, but it does not tell me to connect the Tech 2, so I am now at a standstill on what to do next. So, I went ahead and connected the Tech 2, but nothing seems to be happening.)
3. Select the modules to be programmed and then they will download to the Tech-2 (where and how?).
4. Disconnect from the PC, go back to the truck and into SPS and it will update the modules.

I honestly do not know specifically how I should be navigating this TDS site.

After logging in, I see options for Subscriptions, Keycodes, My Orders, Store, and Resources, and it appears to default to Subscriptions. I see that I have an active subscription for Vehicle Programming Software. If I select View, I get a pop-up Window called VIN Subscriptions, and I select Add VIN. A new Window opens, and it tells me that I have unread news, and I select OK. A new Window opens with the tabs, Home, SPS, Security, SPS Info, Utility. It defaults to the Home tab, and listed below it are 3 options Service Programming System, Security Access, Calibration Information.

I select Service Programming System, and the Window moves to the SPS tab, and I select Start SPS, and it prompts me to download a file, and I download the file to my PC. I don't know what I am supposed to do with this file.

I select the SPS Info tab, and I enter my VIN number and select Get CAL ID. A Window opens with a drop down menu with the different controllers for the truck. In the drop down menu, I select BCM Body Control Module - Programming, and I select Next.

I get another drop down menu, presumably for the BCM, and it contains selectable options Operating System, System, Charging/Energy Storage, Interior/Exterior Lighting, Wiper Control, Locking (in red font), Theft Deterrent Alarm, HVAC Control, Powertrain Control, Chassis Control, Driveline. It appears that I can select only one at a time, but I do not know what to select for my specific B1000 DTC. So, I select Operating System, and select Next, and nothing happens. I repeat this for all of the listed options in the drop down menu, and nothing happens for any of them.

I'm lost.
you paid for the subscription so that means you now have tech support from them not sure if tech support is available on saturday but it is on monday if you cant figure it out by then, but it may or may not give you the option to re-program the bcm @Rocket Man did his there may be a sub menu he knows to use I haven't done a bcm myself

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe,

When you click "Start SPS" it downloads the Java applet and you have to click to let it run and do its thing. It may want to update the J2534 Wrapper or it may fail to update but you can click past that until the SPS window opens up, the middle of the page says, "Select Diagnostic Tool and Programming Process". Two large sections are there, "Select Diagnostic Tool" and "Select Programming Process". Here you would click "Tech2 Remote" in the upper box and "Reprogram ECU" in the second and click "Next". Then a new screen appears with directions to follow for programming.

We have no way of backing up our computer software with the Tech-2. The advice given by EXP500 is generic, not specific advice for working with software.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something else to consider- Again, depending on your exact setup- Look for "LOGS". I have mine configured to auto save as txt. Usually every module appends an identifier as title. Opens with a text editor.

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I replaced my Dorman BCM (guess that the original was replaced sometime before I bought this truck) with an ACDelco BCM from Rock Auto, and performed the required programming with my Tech 2. The B1000 DTC is now gone.

In the process, I have learned the beginnings of how to use the Tech 2 for module programming, so my personal knowledge base has been increased.

Many thanks to all of you who offered advice and suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Issue resolved and closed.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thankfully it all worked out. Lot to be said for quality parts. When the original parts last so long and then get replaced with the cheapest, it bites you in the ass every time. I learned that a long time ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos