Help Needed - B1000 Symptom 35 Trouble Code - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joseph, my experience on BCM/ECU error codes are pure programming. Before you pull the trigger on replacing either, reset Both. Make sure you Backup before. Sometimes when replacements are used, the used car lots just want the light off. not problem fixed. The factory service manual will be a BIG help here. The pre-programmed modules are generally done with other than factory tools Soooo...... sometimes there is an error. Your tech 2/laptop should be an easy fix.... But the caveat is sometimes the procedure doesn't complete correctly. Around the point of "turn ignition off then back on". If after a few tries of that not working, try starting the truck. Thats worked for me on several problem children lately. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your suggestion @exp500 . That is worth trying, before shelling out money that could be better utilized elsewhere. Is there some documentation somewhere that I could access to better understand the backup and reset procedures, before performing it, so that I have a better chance of getting it right the first time?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FSM has a pretty good step by step. May be close with Alldata.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess that I'll roll the dice and replace one of them. In the end, with my luck, I'll probably end up replacing both, as when I am faced with a 50/50 decision, 9 times out of 10, I generally make the wrong selection. However, after the second selection I'm at 100% and golden.

FYP. Sounds so familiar to me....

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The FSM has a pretty good step by step. May be close with Alldata.

Is the factory service manual something that I need to purchase outright, or is there a subscription service offered that I can subscribe to for access to it? Where?

@exp500

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@exp500 Just a quick clarification on your 'reset' suggestion. Is 'reset' the same as 'reprogramming'? I'm looking at videos, while I wait for my factory service manual to arrive, and I do not see any BCM 'reset' videos, but I see lots of BCM 'reprogram' videos.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reset is akin to self test module, but the Idea is to check the communication bus BETWEEN modules. Depends on your scanner as to terminology. An error in programming one module may not show exactly in that module initially, but will show due to error checking between modules. Does this make sense to you? To go with above post by me- if non factory programming done sometimes somewhere there is a minor error and if we aren't code writers we are at the mercy of the programmers software. But you now have the tools to find it. Once you find it a repair is possible. Factory manual diagnostics is a must or you may miss a key clue. ( a recent one for me was a 2 blink on anti theft light while testing. not really covered anywhere, but gave me the module needing help, all modules passed self tests,programming looked correct without going line by line thru code. Reprogrammed that module to factory). That one took 2 extra hours because I disregarded the 2 blink as a fault. Error codes did show but all tests came back good. Computers suck when everything is done to lowest bidder specs. Go ahead and scan to your hearts content, to gain a little feel for navigating. Back up everything every time. Then you can review them for differences if needed.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reset is akin to self test module, but the Idea is to check the communication bus BETWEEN modules. Depends on your scanner as to terminology. An error in programming one module may not show exactly in that module initially, but will show due to error checking between modules. Does this make sense to you? To go with above post by me- if non factory programming done sometimes somewhere there is a minor error and if we aren't code writers we are at the mercy of the programmers software. But you now have the tools to find it. Once you find it a repair is possible. Factory manual diagnostics is a must or you may miss a key clue. ( a recent one for me was a 2 blink on anti theft light while testing. not really covered anywhere, but gave me the module needing help, all modules passed self tests,programming looked correct without going line by line thru code. Reprogrammed that module to factory). That one took 2 extra hours because I disregarded the 2 blink as a fault. Error codes did show but all tests came back good. Computers suck when everything is done to lowest bidder specs. Go ahead and scan to your hearts content, to gain a little feel for navigating. Back up everything every time. Then you can review them for differences if needed.

Is this general computer advice or specifically for the computer systems on our trucks?